Sudden/Unwanted Update Mode During Live Play

Krut917

Hi Everyone!

I recently swapped from the Kemper camp and decided to try out the Axe Fx II. I've had it a few weeks, I've recorded and practiced with it, and it's been fantastic! Here's the problem I encountered taking it on its first run as my live rig:

I plugged everything in like normal, (Axe to power conditioner, ethernet to mfc101), and it worked briefly. Then come the first song, to my memory the MFC display read "Firmware Update." and I was locked on the setting I had. Fortunately I could control my programmed setting, but I couldn't swap to my next patch. I tapped buttons, and I turned on and off the Axe, and it still kept coming up that way. Then it finally reverted back to normal and had no problems after. Is there something anyone knows that I may have done to trigger that? And more importantly, is there a more definite way of exiting that mode should it happen again? It's on Firmware 3.0, and the Axe is the most recent as well.

Thanks!

I wonder if a switch is stuck. I don’t recall if it’s switch 1 or 11, but you hold one of those on power-on to get into that mode.

With the MFC off, click those switches several times as they are “self-cleaning.” Then power on and see if it happens again.

I wonder if a switch is stuck. I don’t recall if it’s switch 1 or 11, but you hold one of those on power-on to get into that mode.

With the MFC off, click those switches several times as they are “self-cleaning.” Then power on and see if it happens again.

I'll be sure to look into that. Thanks!

This would happen if you held down switch 1 (or it was stuck) and cycled the power.

Back
Top Bottom