Sudden loss of output on only 1 preset

Budda

Axe-Master
I'm using axe edit for my FX8, and once I edit a parameter I no longer get sound from the unit. Restarting used to bring the volume back, but I just did it again and now I have nothing. Only the preset I was editing has been affected. Axe-edit doesn't indicate anything is wrong and lets me continue to edit the preset - but I can't hear a thing.

This is my main preset for my band and I have practice this afternoon, so I'm a little concerned. Has anyone had experience with this?

Did you change the delay settings(phase reverse) and or the global output settings? If you set it to sum L+R with stereo delay and phase reverse you might end up with zero sound.

Did you change the delay settings(phase reverse) and or the global output settings? If you set it to sum L+R with stereo delay and phase reverse you might end up with zero sound.

The only thing I had edited was the bypass type.

I'm using axe edit for my FX8, and once I edit a parameter I no longer get sound from the unit. Restarting used to bring the volume back, but I just did it again and now I have nothing. Only the preset I was editing has been affected. Axe-edit doesn't indicate anything is wrong and lets me continue to edit the preset - but I can't hear a thing.

This is my main preset for my band and I have practice this afternoon, so I'm a little concerned. Has anyone had experience with this?
Export the preset from the Preset menu in Edit and upload here. I don’t think we can help otherwise. Not enough info yet. How are you setup? 4cm? Pre? Post?

Did you back up? If yes, you can just reload the old preset. If no, maybe something to think about going forward. Not trying to be a smartass. Truly.

Export the preset from the Preset menu in Edit and upload here. I don’t think we can help otherwise. Not enough info yet. How are you setup? 4cm? Pre? Post?

I emailed Fractal and Mark Day offered some help. The only thing that worked was changing the reverb type. What my bassist and I found out is that the issue only happens when the small plate reverb has the bypass type changed. I changed to a different reverb and I could change through bypass types without issue.

The problem also happened when I created a reverb block with the same settings in a different area (A1 vs. M1). As soon as I wiped the preset, the volume issue is gone. I ended up basically starting from scratch.

Did you back up? If yes, you can just reload the old preset. If no, maybe something to think about going forward. Not trying to be a smartass. Truly.

I backed up but I also have a secondary preset so I copied that and made the necessary changes.

Back
Top Bottom