Sudden loss of bottom end

Spawn2031

Inspired
Hey guys, got an odd issue here. Played my last gig about a month ago and everything sounded as expected. Finally hooked everything back up this past weekend and my normally thick and ballsy tone now sounds weak and kinda shrill. I have not changed any settings and it sounds this way both running out of the main XLRs and the 1/4in jacks, multiple different speakers (monitors and mains). So it’s definitely the Axe. I’ve rebooted it several times and it still sounds wrong. Any ideas as to what could have happened and how to go about fixing it?

Thanks

That’s a very good question... the patch was initially set for auto engage. I’ll have to chk to make sure it’s actually turning off. I did swap out the midi controller

Does it do it with different guitars? (Just thinking sometimes an active guitar with battery dying gives weird effects)

You could also try doing a complete backup then re-install it (yes it's a bit like thumping the TV to fix it ... but sh1t happens)

Yeah I was kind of thinking it wouldn’t be a bad idea to wipe the whole thing clean and start from scratch. I got it used years ago and never had s problem till now. The guitar I was using is passive so it’s not a battery issue. I’ll post up my preset as soon as I get a chance.

Ok so the problem is fixed, doing a factory reset on it did the job. The odd thing is, I went through all parameters I could think of and saw nothing out of place but everything was sounding better than ever afterwards. One other issue it fixed that I had just learned to live with was the noise gate threshold. I always had to crank it way high to work right, around 80 most the time which I knew was way higher than normal. After the restore I can keep it down near 40-50. Who knows what exactly was causing these issues but thank god I at least found s solution.

One other issue it fixed that I had just learned to live with was the noise gate threshold. I always had to crank it way high to work right, around 80 most the time which I knew was way higher than normal. After the restore I can keep it down near 40-50.
With the noise gate, 40 or 50 is actually higher than 80. Threshold numbers are negative.

Back
Top Bottom