Sudden freeze up

Heavyplayer

Experienced
I had just turned in on about 10 mins ago and started to do a tone match, everything worked great, played for awhile longer then turned the dial to another preset.
Then it froze up! I waited and rebooted....same thing. Did this like 4 times in a row. Then I was able to get off that preset and it seemed to work fine, so I thought.
Went back to that preset and froze again. I've did nothing different today, and that preset has been there for days. Any clue is to why it's freezing up all of a sudden?

Seems like the ONLY way to get out of this preset is to turn the dial upon reboot, which I tried and it froze before the preset display.
Would also like to add I thought somehow the file was corrupted, but when I can manage to bypass the preset I try to use the NAV and that causes it to freeze as well./

Last edited:
What is the CPU usage on that preset? Can you get to utility menu, I think 2nd or 3rd page?

Just a bit of a update...the number in question is preset 134, but it freezes on #125 and #136 as well. The rest so far seem to be working just fine.

Meanwhile, maybe it's time to overwrite the problem presets with something else.

Meanwhile, maybe it's time to overwrite the problem presets with something else.

Yeah I was about to do that when it seems there are other presets and things that are causing it to freeze.

Also would tone match cause any of these problems? The two presets that freeze up the most are 134, 136, my tone match was done in 135.
And the only way I can get out of the preset is to reboot and either use NAV key on start up (which sometimes cause it to freeze) or hope that I'm quick enough with the dial to bypass it. But I'm totally puzzled as I've had 125 freeze on me and now 145 just trying to find where the problem is at.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're having more "fun" that you should. Yuck.

Maybe it's not just a corrupted preset. Or maybe it's a few. Have you done anything with Axe-Edit lately?

Sounds like you're having more "fun" that you should. Yuck.

Maybe it's not just a corrupted preset. Or maybe it's a few. Have you done anything with Axe-Edit lately?

Oh yeah...lots of fun. :roll No, I've never used Axe-Edit. It all started after doing a tone match, and I can't get to that preset.
Everything seems to be leading up to that. And notice the preset numbers? 125-145, freeze (135) is the tone match, and 134, 136 freeze the most.

I'm probably going to dump all my presets and go back to factory presets, and start loading them in one by one to see if one or more is the problem. That's probably what support will tell me.

Try overwriting your problem presets. MrGuitarAbuse's Recal-button trick should help you get to a stable spot. Then go to a good preset and copy it to the problem preset.

I'm not aware of any tone-match issues, but there are things I don't know.

I'm eager to hear what Support tells you.

Yeah I'm going to see what they say, but it was the tone match preset that I did. I copied over it and no freeze ups............yet.

Back
Top Bottom