SUB-OCTAVE FUZZ CLON, TRYING TO DO IT

Hi, I´m trying to clone my sub-octave fuzz from DM4 of line 6. It´s difficult becouse it sound an octave down with fuzz. I´m thinking to do it with the drive block "Hard Fuzz" and the pitch block with an octava down. I think that is it the way to do it, but I need your help and suggestion.

Thanks.

VegaBaby said:
Hard Fuzz and Octave Divider...that's pretty much what the original is.

" octave divider", I don´t understand it, can you explain why do you suggest this pitch setting?. I need a octave down.

migueledge said:
VegaBaby said:
Hard Fuzz and Octave Divider...that's pretty much what the original is.

" octave divider", I don´t understand it, can you explain why do you suggest this pitch setting?. I need a octave down.

It IS an octave down (actually one octave down + 2 octave down). The sub-octave fuzz uses the same technique.

The DM4 model is based off the Rocktave Divider. Which is an octave divider (read the Axe-fx manual for a good description of this efffect) + fuzz

Thanks to both, but in what position do you suggest put the pitchs, between the amp block and cab block?

And the mix of the pitch? 100%?

I read the manual and the axe-fx wiki but i don´t find octave diver+wah.

migueledge said:
Thanks to both, but in what position do you suggest put the pitchs, between the amp block and cab block?

The octave divider is a setting in the pitch block. To mimic the effect you want I would put it infront of the amp, probably after the fuzz, but you might as well try it the other way around (in front of the fuzz) to see which you like better.

migueledge said:

Wah?

No wah, drive block set to fuzz and pitch (octave divider).

Octave divider is on page 79 of the Ultra manual/

Thanks for your reply, I´m trying, and it´s close, but i think that i need the correct settings for it, what amount of mis do you suggest for the pitch?

migueledge said:
Thanks for your reply, I´m trying, and it´s close, but i think that i need the correct settings for it, what amount of mis do you suggest for the pitch?

I like drive then pitch, mix 50% or even better put a pitch block in one row, a drive in another connect them both to the amp. Set the pit mix to 100% and control the amount of pitch w/ the octave dividers level parameter.

javajunkie said:
migueledge said:

I like drive then pitch, mix 50% or even better put a pitch block in one row, a drive in another connect them both to the amp. Set the pit mix to 100% and control the amount of pitch w/ the octave dividers level parameter.

Excuse me, I´m trying to get it again, do you suggest this setting?

"1"-Drive (Hard Fuzz)-Pitch (Octave divider with mix 100%)-Amp-Cab-

Or
..............Drive
"2"------------ ------Amp-Cab
..............Pitch

In "2" I refer to connect it drive and pitch in parallel to amp block. All with the same settings than "1".

Thanks

migueledge said:
javajunkie said:
migueledge said:

Excuse me, I´m trying to get it again, do you suggest this setting?

"1"-Drive (Hard Fuzz)-Pitch (Octave divider with mix 100%)-Amp-Cab-

Or
..............Drive
"2"------------ ------Amp-Cab
..............Pitch

In "2" I refer to connect it drive and pitch in parallel to amp block. All with the same settings than "1".

Thanks
I would try both. #1 would be more like the original stompbox you're trying to emulate. #2 would have a cleaner octace effect since it's not being treated by the hard fuzz first.

If you go parallel, remember to cut the level of each row by 3db on each row before the amp if you want the signal strength to be the same. Otherwise you will get a +6db boost when you recombine the rows.

The best chain for me is:

-----drive (hard fuzz)-amp-pitch (octave divider mix 100%)-cab-

Thanks for your help, finally what settings do you suggest for the hard fuzz)

Back
Top Bottom