Sub bass frequency IR?

Billbill

Power User
just curious. Are there any IRs in the AxeFx that can produce a sub bass frequency for guitar? I'm working on some heavy patches that need this frequency in the background, sort of lightly shining under the low end. Any ideas or EQ's in the axe that are capable of this?

Hi - There's a couple of 15" speaker IRs which may suit - search the cabs for the term 'Sub'.
Also, I captured some JBL 2225 IRs a few years ago (they'll be somewhere on this site! - Im not home atm and no time to find them sorry) - They might be just what you're after.
Thanks
Pauly

Hi - There's a couple of 15" speaker IRs which may suit - search the cabs for the term 'Sub'.
Also, I captured some JBL 2225 IRs a few years ago (they'll be somewhere on this site! - Im not home atm and no time to find them sorry) - They might be just what you're after.
Thanks
Pauly
I'd love to try them. Thanks I'll check that search as u mentioned!

Sub bass in a guitar is mostly just rumble that tends to muddy up the track. For the sake of the mix, it's best left to the kick drum and bass player. 8 string players might disagree, but they are just bass players in denial. :p

To be clear: IRs don't "produce" sub bass. An IR is more like a filter that would either allow sub bass frequencies to pass, or block them. If you want sub bass from a normal guitar, you may need a pitch block.

To be clear: IRs don't "produce" sub bass. An IR is more like a filter that would either allow sub bass frequencies to pass, or block them. If you want sub bass from a normal guitar, you may need a pitch block.
Good to know!!! I'll try the pitch block idea! Any pointers on setting it up for this sub bass effect? It's on guitar so I'm thinking I still need the dry signal to pass through and the sub in the background, so I'm thinking a parallel pitch block maybe? Not sure about how to manipulate the block for this.

Back
Top Bottom