Styx - "Blue Collar Man"

hippietim

Axe-Master
This preset is in response to a discussion in the Lounge before the FM3 shipped, someone was asking about doing an organ patch to play Blue Collar Man.

This patch took me less than 5 minutes from start to finish to create on the FM3 with no editor using the final release candidate build of the firmware. It was literally the first thing I did after I loaded the firmware because I was reading the thread while the firmware was loading. I did this completely from memory and I was just happy that I remembered the lick from playing the tune in high school many decades ago.

The patch is attached and here's a quick sound sample.

Attachments

• Blue Collar.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 189
This preset is in response to a discussion in the Lounge before the FM3 shipped, someone was asking about doing an organ patch to play Blue Collar Man.

This patch took me less than 5 minutes from start to finish to create on the FM3 with no editor using the final release candidate build of the firmware. It was literally the first thing I did after I loaded the firmware because I was reading the thread while the firmware was loading. I did this completely from memory and I was just happy that I remembered the lick from playing the tune in high school many decades ago.

The patch is attached and here's a quick sound sample.

Awesome!!!

Don't ask me why I tried this but I did. Here's the same preset played with a jazz bass.

We of the low end salute you! This is the kind of thing I'm looking forward to trying out. As a bassist for a 3-piece, being able to do sounds like this are great for intro's, breakdowns, etc. Anything to help fill some sonic space here and there in a song is a plus. Thanks for posting.

Isn’t funny how we remember things we did in the past ,me I learn something and if I don’t play it for a couple days ,it gone :) cool sounding patch

Anyway to get the organ sound and also use virtual capo? Need to drop the key for singing- I have a Fm9 - thanks for any help

Anyway to get the organ sound and also use virtual capo? Need to drop the key for singing- I have a Fm9 - thanks for any help
You don't need to use the virtual capo - just don't pass through the dry signal at all through the pitch block. Instead, adjust all of the pitch shifts down whatever interval you need instead. IIRC, that patch uses 3 of the shifters of the Quad Shifter setting. So use the 4th one to just shift down the interval to replace the dry signal.

What interval do you want to do?

You don't need to use the virtual capo - just don't pass through the dry signal at all through the pitch block. Instead, adjust all of the pitch shifts down whatever interval you need instead. IIRC, that patch uses 3 of the shifters of the Quad Shifter setting. So use the 4th one to just shift down the interval to replace the dry signal.

What interval do you want to do?
Can I do this with just 1 Axe Fx? ;)

Guess I missed this one, but it sounds really good! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom