Stuttering (JVM OD1 Orange)

If that's the case then why not replace the amp with a Revv Gen 120 or just something massive that people will freak out over than having a flawed amp in the axe fx.
And if FAS were to put in something “massive” that people would freak out over, then you and others would complain and demand the original, authentic “flawed”amp be modeled for accuracy... no win sitch...

If that's the case then why not replace the amp with a Revv Gen 120 or just something massive that people will freak out over than having a flawed amp in the axe fx.
And break every existing preset that uses it? Some people like the amp. If you turn the gain down they're decent. For really high gain there are better choices.

I have shared this but have seen no feed back yet.

Attachments

• Revv-GeneratorToneMatchIR.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Revv GeneratorToneMatch.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
I know it’s not a schematic. I was in the process of searching for one but we had a bad storm and the electric went out so now I’m on my cell till electric is back on👍

you wont find one
the only chance you have is to reach out to Kyle or Dan from Revv send them an email @LucasLeCompte
also uses their amps and may be able to help ya

good luck , may the force be with you

Those JVM's always had stoopid loose gain. I couldn't get along with them. Or, more accurately, it seemed silly to have the preamp at 2, and it would still disappear in the mix.

So many other of these types of amps that do it better. Don't get hung up on '<this guy> plays one, so I will too.'

Those JVM's always had stoopid loose gain. I couldn't get along with them.

I haven't had a good relationship with any modern Marshall more current than a 2204 and even that is extremely boring without good pedals. I've heard incredible tones by incredible players with them, but not with my fingers.
Also the JS isn't just a different amp from the JVM, it's all the mods from the Peavey JSX with way nicer build quality and materials, like the 5153 is a nicer 6505+.
It's great for playing Satriani stuff but I don't use it for the same reason I don't enjoy the Legacy (modded xtc really) or forgive me, the JP2C and IIC++. They are difficult to dial the signatures out of. Why even bother if not in a cover band when there's multiple alternatives with a broader appeal?
Still you can always count on my support for modeling all the amps ever made!

If a particular Marshall model isn't doing what you want it to do, the Atomica High probably can.

A "FAS Modern IV" based on an improved JVM would be fun though.
As discussed in the other thread the FAS amp models are just fine to have the best world with a marschall without marschall flaws !

I used to have a JVM410 (non JS) back in my tube days. Thought it sounded pretty good, although I only used a small fraction of the available gain. I really liked both the crunch green and the Od1 green.

I have a JVM410C, with a choke, the plexi cap mod, some preamp tubes replaced and KT77s and love it, have no issues at all, it is true I never go beyond gain=3 on the od channels, but simply love it.

Gain at 2 on the orange and red mode is where I found my jvm205 usable, which unfortunately made the green mode too quiet in comparison. They're a bit of a weird amp design for sure, but the only modern Marshall I've ever gotten along with.

It helped that I got it for a price that was too good to pass up though.

There's definitely no reason to remove it now that it's modelled, flaws or not someone might enjoy it.

Interesting read - I chose this model because I really like the smooth sound / feel at high gain (except for the dropouts). I've never owned a Marshall tube amp so all my experiece with them is thru Fractal. Anyeay, I settled on the OD2 which is less problematc but, as suggested, I will have to revisit other options (ie Friedman models).

I love that the Fractal's modelling has become so accurate now that the real world sonic anomilies of an amp show up when various settings line up to reveal them.

+1 for having the Revv modelled - purple channel would be awesome. I think Line6 has modelled it but I'm not sure how well. I was about to buy the Revv purple channel pedal to have that sound flavour but now my gear funds have been transfered to the covid contingency account (sigh)

Back
Top Bottom