Stuffed Crest - Mesa Boogie Triple Crown TC-100 Preset

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
This is my first dive into the new Triple Crest model. To me, this amp sounds and feels like a cross between a Rectifier and a Marshall, but with the liquidy gain of the Mark series amps.

I started with the "Instant Gratification Settings” from the official Mesa Boogie Triple Crown TC-100 Owner's Manual. I then made some adjustments to the preamp, added a wah, drive; reverb, and delay block, extra pepperoni, and went from there. Using both a Factory York Audio 4x12 Recto 906 and 121 cab. Scenes are as follows:

Scene 1 (Pepperoni): Wah -> Triple Crest 2 -> Cabs -> Reverb
Scene 2 (Extra Cheese): Wah -> Drive -> Triple Crest 2 -> Cabs -> Reverb
Scene 3 (Supreme): Wah -> Triple Crest 3 -> Cabs -> Delay -> Reverb

Download free from Axe-Change:
https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7749

Comments and critiques are always welcome! 👍

Last edited:
I cant seem to find the triple crest in my amp menu? I've updated everything but I can audition your preset in axe change? It sounds awesome!!

I cant seem to find the triple crest in my amp menu? I've updated everything but I can audition your preset in axe change? It sounds awesome!!
It’s under T for Triple crown. You’re looking in Amp Type and not presets right?

Ok, so I’ve been playing around with these models for the past few days and I have to say that the TC-100 is quickly becoming one of my favorite Mesa amps. It has everything I like from other Mesa amps all in one. It has such a usable tone, really cuts through, and is ridiculously easy to dial in.

Last edited:
This is my first dive into the new Triple Crest model. To me, this amp sounds and feels like a cross between a Rectifier and a Marshall, but with the liquidy gain of the Mark series amps.

I started with the "Instant Gratification Settings” from the official Mesa Boogie Triple Crown TC-100 Owner's Manual. I then made some adjustments to the preamp, added a wah, drive; reverb, and delay block, extra pepperoni, and went from there. Using both a Factory York Audio 4x12 Recto 906 and 121 cab. Scenes are as follows:

I love the scene names lol. I need to check this out. Thanks

Love the preset, thanks. I also noticed that below Master=5.0 the two models are very quiet compared with others.

Thank you for sharing

Haven't really delved into the Mesas since getting the III and hooked on one of Leon's Friedman presets, but having tweaked to my tastes, this could well be my new go to sound

Oodles of gain on tap - I've knocked input gain back to 4.5 and it's still rockin'

Thank you Cliff for the addition of the model too

Thank you for sharing

Haven't really delved into the Mesas since getting the III and hooked on one of Leon's Friedman presets, but having tweaked to my tastes, this could well be my new go to sound

Oodles of gain on tap - I've knocked input gain back to 4.5 and it's still rockin'

Thank you Cliff for the addition of the model too

Yeah, it’s like if a Mesa Mark and a modded Marshall has a baby. Love it. I dialed the preset in with some lower output PAF-style pickups. Your results may vary depending on you pickups.

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing the preset!

I'm really liking this one as well.... it's smooth but very clear as well... Great for legato!
Looking forward to trying your preset later on.! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom