Studio Slips Gig bag and the CLR

I'm looking to get a studio slip gig bag for my clr wedge. I was sort of under the impression that the wedge would LIVE INSIDE the gig bag while you unzip the front to expose the speaker and play.

Someone then mentioned to me that this might negatively affect the tone of the CLR?.?..

Is this true?

I understand it might absorb some frequencies. How this would affect the overall sound I do not know..

There must be some people out there who can comment on this one!

Thanks in advance :)

Don't see how it could as long as the cover is behind the plane of the front grill, but it would get awful hot in there unless you exposed the heat sink. I'm looking at some covers for my CLR too, so I'll check these out.

thx

I believe you are confusing soft shell, gig bag cases with ATA flight cases such as:

FZGC410W-1-01.png

I have a Studio Slips bag for my CLR wedge. Due to the way the clamshell is designed, it's not really possible to leave the speaker in the bag when you use it. The case is super easy to get on and off, so it's no issue at all for me. It really is a nice design.

For what it's worth, I also have a pair of RCF ART 322A speakers, whose soft cases are designed to enable use without total removal - like you are describing. You can pull the big flap that goes over the speaker back and velcro it to the side, and there is another flap that opens at the back to access the connection panel. Personally, I think it looks half assed and a bit unprofessional when they're used like that. I also find it more of a hassle to set them up this way. It actually takes less time to just remove the case entirely, rather than fiddling with the front flap, opening the back panel, and trying to keep another small flap out of the way if you're pole mounting them.

</2cents>

Why don't you hit up Tom King from Atomic with this question to see what he thinks? He'll be very hard to contact for a few days if he is representing Atomic at NAMM right now.

Personally, no, I wouldn't do what you are thinking of doing.

I was planning to get a cutout for the control panel/heat sink area.

I'll send Tom King an email although I doubt he will encourage this behavior because of the potential heat risks and liability given he represents atomic.

I was hoping to hear from someone who has actually tried this but it looks to be an unconventional practice.

Back
Top Bottom