Studio Report

Thanks for the update!

Capturing the impedance data too.... hold on to your hats mates... this one is gonna rock!

Cab IR's and impedance data - which is being glossed over - are going to explode the box in a good way IMHO. The importance of BOTH the IR's *AND* the impedance data cannot be overstated IMHO. I am ready to have my mind blown by 10.0.

Man the guns gentleman; we are about to step into the future! (Cue: Evil Laughter).... BWHAHAHAHAHA!

:)

Cab IR's and impedance data - which is being glossed over - are going to explode the box in a good way IMHO. The importance of BOTH the IR's *AND* the impedance data cannot be overstated IMHO. I am ready to have my mind blown by 10.0.

Man the guns gentleman; we are about to step into the future! (Cue: Evil Laughter).... BWHAHAHAHAHA!

:)

Will be rad to see how the impedance data is incorporated into the AxeFx!!!!!

Check out bullets 2 and 4 of this post by Jay on TGP

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=14682855#post14682855

Last edited:
Fractal has always used impedance data unless they have a new process up their sleeves, or are just making refinements to the data .

cliff owns a woofer tester.

I use one in order to set the advanced speaker page parameters to the driver I'm currently using.

Fractal has always used impedance data unless they have a new process up their sleeves, cliff owns a woofer tester. I use one in order to set the advanced speaker page parameters to the driver I'm currently using.

The importance of it (it is mentioned in the OP for a reason) cannot be stressed enough as you can assuredly attest.

Fractal has always used impedance data unless they have a new process up their sleeves, cliff owns a woofer tester. I use one in order to set the advanced speaker page parameters to the driver I'm currently using.

Check out the link I posted in post #67.

You can also use this data to set amp block parameters to match your speaker IR.

Check out the link I posted in post #67.

You can also use this data to set amp block parameters to match your speaker IR.

I'm not seeing anything new expressed there , care to point it out ?

I have always used the impedance data to set my speaker block parameters, not sure how this would change anything in amp block, unless things like transformer match which is impedance related come into play as well.

As for a " matching speaker IR" in what respect matching the virtual impedance the model sees to the load the real speaker represents?

I'm not seeing anything new expressed there , care to point it out ?

I have always used the impedance data to set my speaker block parameters, not sure how this would change anything in amp block, unless things like transformer match which is impedance related come into play as well.

As for a " matching speaker IR" in what respect matching the virtual impedance the model sees to the load the real speaker represents?

I apologize.

You know more about it than I do.

So as I understand it in the real amp and cab world, the impedence of the cab affects how the amp is loaded and therefore affects the way it reacts to settings, input, volume, transformer sag etc etc.

So if Cliff and co are using the impedance of the cab they shot the IR from, then each cab block will have an impedance Value assigned, and then the amp block has to take that into account when it is feeding a particular cab block, as well as the amp type and all the other parameters in order for the resulting sound to be put out to the real world? Clever shit. Or I'm missing something?

I hear you, but it will be a real PIA if you have based key patches around a stock IR that gets replaced with something that doesn't suit. I only use about 4 different cab blocks across all 25 pests so if one of them went it would be a lot of work to change.

Unless AE 2 is going to give us full access to all the cab slots, factory and user, and have all the IR's held in AE, and you fill the banks with what you want.

Agree with Carky, looks like 10 will be awesome.

I think it would be good to make all the IR's in the factory slots available with the rest and make all 100 slots user slots ,so users who want the original cabs can have them, and users who don't can have other options for the slots taken by the factory IR's,or use only the ones the need!

In addition:Ex: The firmware could come with the factory cabs ,but be editable to remove the ones not wanted to be replaced by optional Ir's?

Considering most firmware updates change the sound, sometimes drastically you would probably go over your patches anyway. In that case the only difference would be having to upload a few user IRs and changing the patches that had the old cabs. I'd rather see the new user start with the best IRs rather than having to figure out how to upload the new ones in.
+1000

Put the best stuff in the factory slots, anything removed could be downloaded and put in a user slot.

Back
Top Bottom