Studio One 5 released

aens

Experienced
"Biggest update in 25 years": https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One

Nice marketing there. PreSonus sent me an email that said I can upgrade my Studio One 4 to 5 for free since I've purchased it after 1st of April 2020. Had to buy another DAW since Logic Pro still doesn't support the Softube Console 1 controllers.

I would love to try it out, but their servers seem to be so crowded I can't find the free upgrade option. I hope it exists :rolleyes:

EDIT: I finally got the free upgrade working after using multiple different browsers. If you're doing this, you might want to try to clear your browser cache.

Last edited:
Their online shop seems to be down also. Not a great way to launch a new product when you can't sell it.

Their online shop seems to be down also. Not a great way to launch a new product when you can't sell it.

Did you consider that there’s so many people around the world trying to download it right now that it locked up their servers and site?

PreSonus is on an eternal quest to try to catch up with Cubase. They started with StudioOne with a Cubase developer who wanted to write a new DAW that had a couple of features that were missing from Cubase. I know the conversation within Presonus was "Great, now we'll just need a little time to fill it in with all the features of Cubase, and then we'll have something better than Cubase." 10 years later and they're still trying to fill in the missing bits to make it equivalent to Cubase.

Last edited:
PreSonus in on an eternal quest to try to catch up with Cubase. They started with StudioOne with a Cubase developer who wanted to write a new DAW that had a couple of features that were missing from Cubase. I know the conversation within Presonus was "Great, now we'll just need a little time to fill it in with all the features of Cubase, and then we'll have something better than Cubase." 10 years later and they're still trying to fill in the missing bits to make it equivalent to Cubase.
It can just be me or my computer, but Studio One seemed to run better compared to Cubase. Would've bought Cubase because I prefer the GUI over S1, but S1 was also 5 times cheaper with 5 times more usable features.

EDIT: comparing Studio One Artist to Cubase Artist.

Now My PreSonus seems to be working again. Still can't find where to upgrade my Studio One 4. I mean, I understand that launch is a big thing and the servers must be on their knees. But if you post an email saying you can upgrade NOW to the Studio One 5 for free and don't provide a working link and still have not figured it out, it's just bad.

EDIT: got the upgrade after trying and trying with multiple different browsers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom