Studio monitor for Axe-Fx III?

Hi
Could you advice me 2 studio monitors for axe fx3? I’m using ik mtm and it’s not bad. Any frfr suggestion? I don’t play live

What @luke said.... my budget was ~$3k and I ended up with Event Opals (no longer made) and they are awesome. But If I were in the market for new studio monitors, my choice would be Genelecs

First choice: Genelec 8050B
Second Choice :Genelec 8340A

Again, depends on your budget.

I did a bunch of research and ended up buying APS klassik 2020 monitors. From everything I’ve read, forum discussions on gearslutz, etc, they should be a bit better than the Adams for less money. Have not received them yet so can’t say first hand as yet.

The presonus Eris monitors are really good. Try to get at least a 7 inch monitor. I have the adam F7s, which are budget Adam A7xs and I like them.

Sorry i ve now read the first message.. I think with the mtm if set well you ve the best option out of there

Save money and take iloud micro monitors if you re in a small unthreated room.. A step forward is the iloud mtm.. Check it out

Good point on the IK Multimedia's iLoud MTM( I realize the OP has them). I used the Adam A7X monitors for years with fractal gear and loved them. Moved to another home and put my gear in a smaller untreated room (had to please my wife) and couldn't take the sound of the Adams. Bought the iloud MTM monitors and they're perfect. Adams are in my closet. If you're near me, you can have them cheap.

I have both iLoud and Adam. For mixing in a small room, the iLouds are super cool. But for playing guitar and having fun I prefer to move some air. I would go for power and size. Precision is not that important, as it seems you're mostly looking to have good times with your guitar.

Yamaha makes some real popular speakers with lots of power.

Good point on the IK Multimedia's iLoud MTM( I realize the OP has them). I used the Adam A7X monitors for years with fractal gear and loved them. Moved to another home and put my gear in a smaller untreated room (had to please my wife) and couldn't take the sound of the Adams. Bought the iloud MTM monitors and they're perfect. Adams are in my closet. If you're near me, you can have them cheap.

So just how near are you to Nashville? :)

Back
Top Bottom