Studio monitor best options

Randalljax

Axe-Master
Hey ,

I am looking to get a pair of decent monitors that will do the axe justice ,and sound great with IR

some I have looked at

The Tannoy reveals 8 ' woofer
The Adams --a bit more money
Dyna audio
Jbl

What are the 2 or 3 best sounding most popular and reasonably priced .Thanks

Still lovin the cleanness of My Mackie HR624MKII's. Axe XL sounds killer thru them for writing recording. Tried the Yamahas, didn't do I for me, but that's me.

Actually it was our own Scott Peterson that turned me on to the Mackie's when I got my first axe, back in April 2009.
Still going strong.

I use QSC K-10s for other stuff.

I've the adam a7x, amazing great monitors
I use them on cubase and really they sound awesome
I haven't tried the yam

Adam A7 here. way better than the Yorkville actives i had before. The yorkvilles sound boxy by comparison. With other monitors i have tried, i can hear the tweeter (if you know what i mean), but not so with the A7s. When i use the IK M ARC2 with the A7s, the ARC2 flattens out the slight bit of boxiness they have.

I have the fluid audio fx8.
8", coaxial.
I am so far very happy with these .
Great price/performance.

Last edited:
I have the Adam A7X as well, great monitors.
Before them, I used krk rokit 6 G2....
...the Adams are way better!

Hi

in a very acceptable price range I ahve the Presonus Eris 8. Very good built quality and sound, neutral, and great guitar tone with the AFX through them.
For a ~400$ budget i hardly recommend.

If you can afford the Adam's get it
If not Yamaha HS8 is the way to go
I did my homework on this...

Before I pulled the trigger I A/B'd the Adam and Yamaha- and luckily I didn't feel i was really going to miss or loose out not stepping up the more money with the Adam so I think very highly of the Yamaha's

Back
Top Bottom