Studio Lighting?

Jeries

Power User
I'm completely renovating every inch of my house... maybe half way through right now...

I've always had a decent home studio- plan is to focus more on youtube/video/content...

Any ideas/suggestions on LED/Recessed lighting?

I'm surprised I haven't seen more youtubers actually install stuff on the wall- to avoid stands and have more space.

There's some super thin mount LED lights out there, and I think even though it's a small room- a ton of those may work great. Maybe 9 lights, and the room is about 14x12 not including a closet in the back.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Following. This is my 'studio lighting':
20201220_122355.jpg

That and the light kit on the ceiling fan is it. I try to avoid the ceiling fan light - it is glare-y and unpleasant, due to the frosted glass shade covering it....

Phillips Hue bulbs are low noise inducing. Most LED drivers will radiate noise unless they are "constant current" which are expensive.

Look for ones that are approved for hospital use.

Ok, this explains why I couldn't find the product I was looking at (decided against it due to complexity):

"LumaStream, a St. Petersburg tech company that has spent a decade working on direct current, low-voltage LED light systems in an effort to disrupt the 140-year-old lighting industry, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection."

Phillips Hue bulbs are low noise inducing. Most LED drivers will radiate noise unless they are "constant current" which are expensive.

Look for ones that are approved for hospital use.

I looked into a lot of things... Philips Hue recessed lights are crazy expensive... however they bought a competitor of theirs, and have a Wifi instead of bluetooth series called Philips Wiz - and are super affordable

So instead of $55 a light, it's $16

Huge difference on a house with 37-40 lights

Still not sure what's going in the studio- but either way it's a start

I found a regular bulb set of Philips Wiz clearenced 2 for $13- and I'm testing them now and checking out the app

Hi D.B. Man that was really cool. I was checking out some of your other videos dude loved it great job. I-was digging the blues video you made very cool.

Back
Top Bottom