Studio Compressor - Bug ?

bread

Power User
I had this on 100% mix on my Axe II and with gain makeup on it pulled the level back up to unity (or thereabouts)

On the III this doesn't seem to be the case anymore and even with gain makeup on I need to really crank the levels to get the preset back to it's original level

Is there something I'm missing here please ?

I had this on 100% mix on my Axe II and with gain makeup on it pulled the level back up to unity (or thereabouts)

On the III this doesn't seem to be the case anymore and even with gain makeup on I need to really crank the levels to get the preset back to it's original level

Is there something I'm missing here please ?
I found that too. On the II, makeup boosted the signal quite a bit. On the III, it doesn't seem to do much. That's just the way the comp is in the III. For cleans, it can help not drive the amp too hard so I leave it at default or bring the comp level up a little. For gain sounds, I try to get the engaged & bypass levels the same & maybe week it a little form there to wha sounds best.

I found that too. On the II, makeup boosted the signal quite a bit. On the III, it doesn't seem to do much. That's just the way the comp is in the III. For cleans, it can help not drive the amp too hard so I leave it at default or bring the comp level up a little. For gain sounds, I try to get the engaged & bypass levels the same & maybe week it a little form there to wha sounds best.

So it's not just me then :)

The Studio Compressor was one of the mainstays in the AX8. I am one of the technically challenged and don't completely "understand" compressors but I too am having a difficult time getting the same results with the Axe III. I've turned to the Amp block compressor to get closer to what I was used to.

Back
Top Bottom