Studio Compressor – Attack & Release “Scale” … ?

R.D.

Power User
The values of the parameters range from 0.00 to 10.00 ….

But …, the Wiki has only a few values converted into ‘ms’ …. Is there a formula to convert ALL the values in to ‘ms’ ?

All of the Compression tutorials I can find express everything in terms of time, and if I want to train my “ears” to hear what’s going on, I feel like I need to convert the Axe to ‘ms’ so I have can make an “apples to apples” comparison ….

Is the information out there somewhere other than the Wiki … ?

THANKS !

As far as I'm aware, there's no such list. There's a wishlist item though for a timescale for the compressors rather than values. One of the few remaining things I'd really love to see in the Axe.

the Wiki has only a few values converted into ‘ms’ …. Is there a formula to convert ALL the values in to ‘ms’ ?
THANKS !

I know ..., that's what I said .... I'm looking for a more complete list, or a formula that I can figure it out for myself !

Doh, sorry about that.

When I read the wiki it said "They are scaled in an inverse log relationship to 1 to 1000ms.". So I figured that was the scale / formula, i.e. log n.

Richard

These parameters REALLY should be in ms. Makes no sense to not have them in ms.

We really do sound like a broken record by now. But yes, +1 . A few parameters are fine to be a simple values, but not having comp values in ms always reminds me of some early 90s cheap digital units...

Back
Top Bottom