Stuck on Boot Up Screen

funkemonke

Anyone have the FM9 stuck on the boot up screen? The 'FM9' screen. The fans are going but the loading bar never appears. Also had it start one time with out audio but that could be a different issue. After I restart a few times it works fine.

no I have not, try disconnecting all peripherals/connections power off and unplug power wait for 5 minutes and try again, if still stuck engage support.

Happened to me twice. I can't say if there is a direct correlation, but both times it happened I was connected via usb and FM9 edit was running in the background. I killed FM9 edit (without disconnecting the USB) and recycled power and it came up. It is highly likely it would have come up anyway as it has booted up plenty of times with FM9 edit already running. Just trying to see if the times it does happen there is something unique about the conditions

Anyone have the FM9 stuck on the boot up screen? The 'FM9' screen. The fans are going but the loading bar never appears. Also had it start one time with out audio but that could be a different issue. After I restart a few times it works fine.
I had this happen a couple times already. I am sure this will be fixed in the next release.

Had it happen 2 or 3 times. Each time turning it off and back on resolved the issue. Pretty sure all have been with the 2.0b firmware, but not 100% certain of that.

I have had this several times now with 2.0B. I thought if was a corrupt preset since booting to an empty preset (holding HOME while rebooting) will get it running again. However, it will also boot sometimes from the preset I suspected was bad, so I'm not sure what's happening. Since others have described it, I'm hoping it is a FW thing which will get addressed in the future.

So I just had my headphones out output stop working upon a power on, the guitar signal was visibly working on the input LED's however no audio, so power cycled the unit and headphones worked again, not a stuck on boot screen like this threads title however not a successful boot none the less...
FYI.

So for the first time it happened to me without any usb connectivity. Happened last night as I was setting up at a gig. There was no USB cable connected to the FM9. Recycled power and it came up fine. And yes this is only on beta 2.00. Never happened on firmware 1 so this is no doubt just a firmware bug that will get sorted.

Bootup issue aside, this was the first time I got to use the FM9 at a gig and I freaking love it. Perfect form factor, and now with the pitch block update (which slayed last night when I used it), every feature I could need. Even the club soundman was happy to see it. When I pulled it out he was like "Ok, great, you have a fractal. This will be easy".

Back
Top Bottom