Stuck notes with plug in effects when using Axe FX III as audio interface

Hello!

I'm using the FX III as my audio interface in Logic Pro X but I have this very annoying thing I just can't get my head around. I have a MIDI piano tracks (EZ Keys) and also few guitar tracks with sends on them that sends the signal in to Native Instruments Replika delay plug in on a bus. When playing back the music...the notes get stuck. Here's an example from one of my guitar tracks. This does not happen to any other plug in...just the Replika.

Anyone had the same problems with Replika or other plug ins?
I tried to reset the MIDI send in the MIDI Activity Display, as that is suggested when dealing with stuck notes, but that did not help. When recording, if a another track is selected, other than the one I record, I end up getting a region in green colour that has a lot of "xxxxxxx" in the middle. Can that be related to my problem? In the screenshot below GTR 1 C and GTR 1 C DI where recorded, but GTR 1 R was selected (but not armed for recording) during the recording and this created this green region. It happens even when I record MIDI.

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 00.59.00.png

Is the stuck audio coming from EZKeys? That's not really an issue with Replika, or even an AxeFX. That usually means there was a problem sending a note off event to the virtual instrument, in this case EZKeys. Is the note off event missing from the midi part you are sending to it?

If the audio is coming from an audio part, nothing is "stuck", Replika is just doing an infinite repeat, intentionally or not :).

Back
Top Bottom