AFIII Stryper - All For One

Lee2216

Inspired
I've been on a Stryper binge for a little bit here. This one is off the Against the Law album where they got away from their typical Stryper sound and look. A more straight ahead rock n roll album. Sweet and Fox are underrated In my opinion.

I've been on a Stryper binge for a little bit here. This one is off the Against the Law album where they got away from their typical Stryper sound and look. A more straight ahead rock n roll album. Sweet and Fox are underrated In my opinion.

Awesome Lee sounds Great!

Good job. That's one of my favorite Stryper albums and my favorite tone of theirs. I was able to talk to Michael Sweet after a show once and I asked him about it. He said it was all Mesa MkII C+ on that album.

Nice job man! I have been a Stryper fan from the beginning.
I got to hang in the green room with them at a show in Chicago at the House of Blues.
That was around 2000. Got to see the sound check. Michael's wireless was giving him fits, so he couldn't use it.
All the guys were real nice. Michael's wife treated us better than family, she was so kind!

That is so stellar, man! Great job! Sounds like you nailed the Stryper tone perfectly....

I was a Stryper fan ever since the Yellow and Black Attack. In Study Hall in high school I saw a small article about them in a Time magazine, and went and checked them out at the local Christian record store in Peoria, IL (Berean book store). They had the casette, and then soldiers dropped. Saw them at the Odeon in Chicago in 1985. Since then, I've seen them a lot, even when they started releasing albums again, Reborn, etc.

I always thought that was one of their best songs, if not the best of all. Their sound was solid on Against the Law. Thinking of the first time I heard it, I was blown away. I've read an interview with Michael Sweet where he says this is his favorite Stryper song, of course for the ballad category nothing tops "Honestly". They nail it live as well. Actually I've never heard anything from them live in well over 10 shows I've seen, they are just really great performers, and Michael is a great songwriter and vocalist - sometimes his guitar work is overlooked. He writes all of the solos, even the solos Oz plays. This is from his book "Honestly" that came out a few years ago.

Good job. That's one of my favorite Stryper albums and my favorite tone of theirs. I was able to talk to Michael Sweet after a show once and I asked him about it. He said it was all Mesa MkII C+ on that album.
Thanks! Fractal stuff is my favorite and I'm not one to promote other products on this forum. To be honest, I used a free trial plugin for this song. I'll leave it at that :)

That is so stellar, man! Great job! Sounds like you nailed the Stryper tone perfectly....

I was a Stryper fan ever since the Yellow and Black Attack. In Study Hall in high school I saw a small article about them in a Time magazine, and went and checked them out at the local Christian record store in Peoria, IL (Berean book store). They had the casette, and then soldiers dropped. Saw them at the Odeon in Chicago in 1985. Since then, I've seen them a lot, even when they started releasing albums again, Reborn, etc.
Thanks for watching Larry!

I'm not surprised....they totally sounded like someone was playing a IIC+ when I saw them. The only two times I've ever heard that kind of tone live was them back in '86 and when I saw Metallica front row on the Black tour. That tone is super familiar to me because I own a C+ as well.

Very nice!

I wish you’d play the solo to Freely Surrender. Is that a Floyd Rose flutter in the middle? It’s so aggressive and accentuated, it sounds like an effect.
Thanks for watching! Freely Surrender is an awesome solo. I'd like to tackle some more Stryper stuff down the road. That is the Floyd Rose flutter. The old Brad Gillis trick.

Great job! I'm a big Stryper fan as well (From the beginning),.. I've seen them pretty much every time they've come through the St Louis area since 1986 on the Soldiers tour (Still got the shirt! :D ) ... one of my buddy's was Tech'ing for them so that provided some really cool opertunites ;)

Ironically I don't really know many of their songs playing wise... never took the time I guess.

They were just here a couple of months back and I was right up front - smaller venue, but still a great show and great sound - Kind of dissapointed Oz moved away from his Jackson and GMW guitars on this tour :(

Not to derail this thread, but here's a vid of "The Way" live from that last show - recorded with my cell phone, but still pretty good :D

Back
Top Bottom