Strymon Deco or other tape saturation type effects

If I could have just one pedal connected to my FM3 it would be the Deco. I can't count the times I've gone back and listened to this demo, wondering if the FM3 is capable of sounding like this on its own? If yes, a great future preset would be a 'Deco Preset' with 7 or 8 scenes that feature the various tones demonstrated in this video.

If I could have just one pedal connected to my FM3 it would be the Deco. I can't count the times I've gone back and listened to this demo, wondering if the FM3 is capable of sounding like this on its own? If yes, a great future preset would be a 'Deco Preset' with 7 or 8 scenes that feature the various tones demonstrated in this video.

I kind of hope you are joking.

Of course the Fractal can make any sound from this.

However you bring up a good point---- Fractal should have somone make a verison of every new "hipster" pedal that comes out, so help with the GAS of buying new pdals. After askign on here why cant Fractal have a Meris LVX style preset, i ended up selling my FM3 and just buying a Meris LVX. Same goes with the dumb new walrus pedal people are fiending over from last week, or the cheesy CXM 1978... or the stupid "Automatone." Imagine if fractal just beat them all to the gate... oh well, whaetevr... fractal is the new Analogman, botique company which will never catch up with or fulfill its orders... sad face.

I understand there are tools here and I have spent time the last couple years dialing in my effects as I like it. Now to put it bluntly its a loss and problem on the fractal side that the tools are there, that there is a want from users for things like this, and that they need to spend a lot of effect and time to coax it out. We all know UI isn't fractals strongest suit. That said yes I get that if I wanted purely UI and ease of use there are other devices. That said thanks for the info
If you haven’t, you might check out Simeon’s blocks and presets. He knows what he’s doing.

I kind of hope you are joking.

Of course the Fractal can make any sound from this.

However you bring up a good point---- Fractal should have somone make a verison of every new "hipster" pedal that comes out, so help with the GAS of buying new pdals. After askign on here why cant Fractal have a Meris LVX style preset, i ended up selling my FM3 and just buying a Meris LVX. Same goes with the dumb new walrus pedal people are fiending over from last week, or the cheesy CXM 1978... or the stupid "Automatone." Imagine if fractal just beat them all to the gate... oh well, whaetevr... fractal is the new Analogman, botique company which will never catch up with or fulfill its orders... sad face.
Maybe its rather a question of properly emulating these new effects with the blocks already available? And add it to the Mother thread above. Anyone can contribute and we will all benefit.

Back
Top Bottom