Strymon Chorale help?

Lightwood

I am moving from my current live rig, BE100/GigRig G2/H9 and Strymons big 3, to the amazing AXlll. We are a three piece (guitar bass drums) and play rock covers in pubs and local festivals here in the UK every weekend. So far there is only one sound I currently use I can’t replicate as a new AXlll user. It’s the Big Sky - Chorale - Epiphany preset which I use with the clean BE100 channel to cover 10CC’s I’m not In Love. It works really well. Can anyone help please? My first gig for 30 years without an EL34 based tube amp is a week away! I, like many others, have been blown away by the AXlll (particularly after FW10) and this is the only missing piece of the puzzle for me. I’d be very grateful if you guys can point me in the right direction if it’s possible. Thanks.

Try this - from what I remember the chorale mode is a big reverb with a vowel like sound on top? A formant block running into a reverb or plex block should do the job.

I've attached a very quick and rough approximation. We can use the formant block for the vowel sounds and adjust it's resonance parameter to get the desired tone. The Plex verb cops the Bigsky tones very well IMO. Scene 1-3 here are different vowel sounds and scene 4 let's you sweep those vowel sounds using an expression pedal. Scenes 5-8 are the same as 1-4 but with a peaking filter added for a sweeping sound.

I don't have a Bigsky to A/B this with but it should provide a good starting point.

Attachments

• Chorale Verb.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom