Struggling with Strat tones

I use Austin Buddy's Ruby Red Clean scene. I'll add a slight edge boost to give it just little sumpthin, sumpthin.
My Strat is an Highway One w/Mojotone 59's and a SuperVee Bladerunner.

Thanks again for all the advice. I like to ride the guitar volume knob and I would have to have the Strat volume on 10 to start. I think what I'm discovered is Input Trim is my friend.

Still struggling with finding what I'm looking for in the forum so if you have any 'edge of breakup' threads bookmarked that allow me to get deeper into the amp settings they would be appreciated.

Ians preset is great. post #12. I have been here since the beginning playing nothing but Strats. The only issue I ever had was long ago when the changed the HRF (High resonance Frequency default) from 2.54 to , I think 6.67. All of my presets I have adjusted that parm (back to 2.54) and I am a happy camper. Made it too, well nail biting.

Thanks again for all the advice. I like to ride the guitar volume knob and I would have to have the Strat volume on 10 to start. I think what I'm discovered is Input Trim is my friend.

Still struggling with finding what I'm looking for in the forum so if you have any 'edge of breakup' threads bookmarked that allow me to get deeper into the amp settings they would be appreciated.
Deeper is not always the answer. It is a deep, deep rabbit hole. Just sayin! You shouldn't have to dig deep. For me thats for AFTER I find the basic tone I want. IF ever. For me, never.

I would emphasize the need for sufficient volume. Volume is THE main factor for me when it comes to strat tones.

I have a Tone King Gremlin amp. When I first fired the amp up, I thought to myself; is THIS what I paid for? I bought the amp for the excellent attenuator so I could play it in my living room with low volumes. I was disappointed when it sounded so bland. Then I decided to turn up the volume considerably and played it for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes I was smiling from ear to ear.

Turns out the amp did sound amazing and the attenuator worked great - but the volume just brought the tone to life. The same applies for the Axe. Even though you can get the best possible tones with minimal volume, you won't really hear it like that until you listen to it at decent volume and swim in the tone for a while.

Back
Top Bottom