Struggling to get two scenes to sound the same in two different presets

bigkid

Hi all. I am sure this is some newbie stuff-up, but I just can't get two scenes that sound they way I want them to in one preset but not in another. Preset One the tones are crisp and bright, in preset Two they are dull and woolly sounding, with identical settings for the active blocks. Preset One usually has just some generic rock tones in other scenes and is fairly simple: Input - Wah (inactive) -Phaser (inactive) - Drive - Amp - Cab - Delay Reverb - and Output. Preset Two is more complicated as the other scenes also include some acoustic and 12 string simulations. For the sake of simplicity, I have only included in the attached files the problematic scenes although all inactive blocks are shown. The input, drive, amp, cab, delay, reverb and output are identical for the two scenes in each preset, but the sound is completely different. I'd appreciate any pointers to where I have gone wrong here.

Cheers,

Allan

Attachments

• Preset One.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Preset Two.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
For the sake of simplicity, I have only included in the attached files the problematic scenes although all inactive blocks are shown.
any preset has all 8 scenes.

can you say which exact Scenes in Preset 1 and 2 are supposed to be the same? do you mean "scenes" specifically, or just "tones"?

i'm not sure what is supposed to sound the same and what isn't.

the names are slightly different, which threw me off, but is Preset 1 Scene 1 supposed to be the same as Preset 2 Scene 1? then P1 S2 = P2 S2 and so on?

Why don't you copy/paste all the relevant block channels from one preset to the other? Verifying all the parameters one by one can be a tedious task.

Ah. Sorry about that Chris. Scene 1 in each preset is supposed to sound the same, as is Scene 2 in each preset.

Hi Piing. I have simplified these presets so they only contain the two problematic scenes but include all the inactive blocks that are needed for other scenes in the full preset. I have had to set them up manually parameter by parameter as every time I try to copy paste channels and/or blocks I screw something up, changing amps in another scene, or losing a cab, for example. Always turns into a debacle. The actual presets, as opposed the the simplified ones attached (which exhibit the same problem), have 4 scenes, and multiple amps, drives and pitchshifters. Makes for a bloody nightmare when copy pasting. Hence the manually prepared, simplified presets.

I was kinda hoping someone might recognise the issue and there be a simple fix. Sorry to put you out Chris, please don't spend much time on this.

Cheers,

Allan

Ah. Sorry about that Chris. Scene 1 in each preset is supposed to sound the same, as is Scene 2 in each preset.

Hi Piing. I have simplified these presets so they only contain the two problematic scenes but include all the inactive blocks that are needed for other scenes in the full preset. I have had to set them up manually parameter by parameter as every time I try to copy paste channels and/or blocks I screw something up, changing amps in another scene, or losing a cab, for example. Always turns into a debacle. The actual presets, as opposed the the simplified ones attached (which exhibit the same problem), have 4 scenes, and multiple amps, drives and pitchshifters. Makes for a bloody nightmare when copy pasting. Hence the manually prepared, simplified presets.

I was kinda hoping someone might recognise the issue and there be a simple fix. Sorry to put you out Chris, please don't spend much time on this.

Cheers,

Allan
I stated the issue above.

Back
Top Bottom