Strongly Considering an Axe-FX 2. Sell it to me

I had an Axe-FX Ultra and was extremely pleased with it. Obviously it wasn't perfect and there's always room for improvement, but it absolutely destroyed any modeler i've tried by 1000 miles and actually liked it more the the vast majority of tube rigs i've played and all of this was played direct through 6'' studio monitors. Once i saw that the axe-fx 2 came out i sold the ultra and have been using a cheap practice amp since.

So whats the big difference? From my prospective i was excited to see the double in the cab res. seems that would be huge for people like myself who play direct exclusively. big deal? Also i was really excited about being able to store way more custom cabs(52 i think it was or so) and i really really liked the addition of the USB which i thought was really lacking in the ultra. I also of course like the double in memory since that allows for more improvements in firmware and more memory head room. on top of all that the axe-fx 2 looks even better which is always nice.

My main concern is i can't buy one except used, so i emailed to get on the list. Besides that, the next concern would be that i spend that kinda cash and then 9 months later the Axe-FX 2 Ultra comes out and then i have to sell and get that one.

From my prospective i was excited to see the double in the cab res. seems that would be huge for people like myself who play direct exclusively. big deal? Also i was really excited about being able to store way more custom cabs(52 i think it was or so) and i really really liked the addition of the USB which i thought was really lacking in the ultra. I also of course like the double in memory since that allows for more improvements in firmware and more memory head room. on top of all that the axe-fx 2 looks even better which is always nice.

Seems a bit like you answered your own question, eh? ;-) A lot of good reasons to buy right there.

Maybe read through the Ax II thread and research the work people have already put into answering the question with thousands of comments in many available threads! :)

You had an Ultra and liked it better than any other modeller and almost any tube amp. Besides that, you're excited about some of the new capabilities of the II. As ccroyaosenders says, you've got plenty of reasons already. If you need more, there's the improved tone and way-improved feel, along with the expectation of future updates and improvements. And it will positively slay your cheap practice amp.

My main concern is i can't buy one except used...
Eh?

Besides that, the next concern would be that i spend that kinda cash and then 9 months later the Axe-FX 2 Ultra comes out...
If that's a deal killer, you might as well sell off your computer, cell phone, TV, car and just about everything else you own that has any technology behind it. Would you really be more likely to buy the Axe II if Cliff promised never to make a better one?

...then i have to sell and get that one.
That's a personal choice, not a have-to.

Go for it! While you're at it, buy me one, too. :)

The higher cab resolution doesn't actually affect individual cabs, it means that you can have the equivalent of 4 of ultra hirez cabs at once, in stead of 2.

The II has better touch sensitivity with high and medium gain as well as the headphone option is pure $! I am very happy I upgraded.

No offense, but make the decision for yourself. There is plenty of research here without asking a question that has no answer until you buy it.

Moved.

Ron

I am just want to hear as many different opinions as possible. I've been off this forum for many months now and just started looking into the axe-fx 2 so i'm playing catch up. I like to read what the people say not just what is said on the site selling the product

Yeah, regarding the "get one used" thing: the "used" ones on ebay sell for more than a new one does. Cheaper to get one new.

those of you that had the ultra is axe-2 noticeably better tone wise? or just more/ better features and more potential? also i sent out an email to get on the waiting list, how long does that usually take?

Buy a Recto. Want better cleans, buy a Twin, carry that too. GAS for a Marshall sound, buy that too. Get back pain. Buy some pedals. Sell some pedals, buy some more pedals. Sell the Recto, buy a Mark V. A year later, you have forgotten that the Recto was fizzy as heck, buy a new one, realize it is fuzzy as heck until you have bought the right pedal (again). Sell the Twin, buy a Vox since it´s got more sizzle. Miss the Twin.

Buy the Axe.

Buy a Recto. Want better cleans, buy a Twin, carry that too. GAS for a Marshall sound, buy that too. Get back pain. Buy some pedals. Sell some pedals, buy some more pedals. Sell the Recto, buy a Mark V. A year later, you have forgotten that the Recto was fizzy as heck, buy a new one, realize it is fuzzy as heck until you have bought the right pedal (again). Sell the Twin, buy a Vox since it´s got more sizzle. Miss the Twin.

Buy the Axe.

That's exactly what I was like before buying my Ultra. I always wanted to try/buy a different pedal, amp, or cabinet than what I had at the time. With any of the FAS units it's all in one without the weight and extra cost. Plus with new updates for the II more gear is being added. I've always loved the Mesa sound (USA LEAD for the win), but I have recently been having lots of fun using Vox amp sounds. Now the only GAS I have to worry about is for guitars; wantz Suhr Modern!

those of you that had the ultra is axe-2 noticeably better tone wise? or just more/ better features and more potential? also i sent out an email to get on the waiting list, how long does that usually take?

Yes, the improvement in sound is very noticeable... But the thing you will notice the most, is how much better it reacts to your touch... So much more instant response.

The USB connectivity, for downloading presets, uploading firmware, user cabs, is SO much quicker and easier than with a standard MIDI interface.... And recording straight through USB, is very convenient.

But getting one USED !? Probably not gonna happen unless you want to pay out the... Nose... Either wait for the waiting list coupon and save money, or save time and buy at the premium price.

Good luck ! It's definitely worth it !

Yes, the improvement in sound is very noticeable... But the thing you will notice the most, is how much better it reacts to your touch... So much more instant response.

The USB connectivity, for downloading presets, uploading firmware, user cabs, is SO much quicker and easier than with a standard MIDI interface.... And recording straight through USB, is very convenient.

But getting one USED !? Probably not gonna happen unless you want to pay out the... Nose... Either wait for the waiting list coupon and save money, or save time and buy at the premium price.

Good luck ! It's definitely worth it !

What do you mean by touch? like the amp is more realistic while playing? or like touch in terms of tweekability of tones? And yeah i'm stoked about the addition of the usb because i had problem after problem with my midi device trying to upgrade firmware and adding cabs etc.

And i don't want to get one used cause i want new and like someone already mentioned the prices are crazy used. i sent a email to get on the list. how long does that take?

North said:

Buy the Axe.

This.

M@ - this looks like ad copy to me. :-D

Back
Top Bottom