String stretching tool

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
I thought the over-the-top sales pitch in the end was a bit funny until the very last phrase "get this to all your friends 'cause it'll save their lives."
Then I thought it was really funny :)

Yes, the sales pitch is heavy handed, but it does exactly what its supposed to do.

So does my hand.
I stretch the strings upwards at 12th fret, quite a lot, every time i change strings. Tune up, stretch again and tune up one last time and the guitar is ready for gig.
Its very common to invent products to solve a problem that isnt really a problem IMHO.

So does my hand.
I stretch the strings upwards at 12th fret, quite a lot, every time i change strings. Tune up, stretch again and tune up one last time and the guitar is ready for gig.
Its very common to invent products to solve a problem that isnt really a problem IMHO.

To be fair, your hand can do a lot of things well, but that doesn't mean something better isn't out there. ;)

Stretching strings only makes sense if you've just put a new set of strings on and you're going to perform. I'm a home player and I want my strings to last, so when I restring my JEM, I play a couple of days with the nut untightened. Once the strings settle, I tighten the nut.

Back
Top Bottom