String Sensitivity

Hi.. Im a light player.. but do a lot of solos and pinch harms ect... I notice i have to dig in or hit the strings pretty hard to get the chime. Is there a way to increase the string sensitivity or somehow be able to hit string lighter but still get the full thick feel & sound.. and get pinch harms? I have played some all in one pedal boards connected to FOH which had amazing sensitivity. ( however i hated the over all sound ) bu tI loved that feel.. also some solid state combos and PODs do a good job as well.. im thinking im just not setting this up correctly. thanks

Might try checking out some of the higher gained amps, like the HBE, some of the Rectos, the 5153 Red, CA3+ Lead, Herbies, Solo 100 Lead and the FAS Modern (II or III). These are all some of my go-to amps, for this style of playing. There are tons of others, and you can adjust and mod them to your heart's content. Hope you find something in here that helps. Cheers, Lee

I think the new crunch parameter will help with that.... also when I want to liven up the strings a use the cathode squish at about 30%

sounds like you are a legato type lead player ,Compression and saturation ..Bogner XTC red is one of the best for that IMO .SLO 5153(red) as well

Back
Top Bottom