Straturday

My one and only Strat copy. Warmoth everything, freshly rebuilt.
g1XyJis.jpg

my current #2, Squier Bullet Strat bought used from GC already loaded with Fender Hi Gain Noiseless pickups and a mod so that tone control affects the bridge pickup.

Great guitar!

Attachments

• 20200225_200415.jpg
    20200225_200415.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
Hey @2112 what is the finish on the Warmoth body called? I really dig it!

"Mary Kaye White". It's a sweet finish and you can actually see a lot of wood grain through it in the right light.

I love the matching body/headstock on yours!

Yeah that is one of their coolest options, it's like a white stain, semi-transparent and not often seen, it looks almost like a daphne blue depending on the lighting. I've been meaning to order one for the longest while. I have a couple builds here I might finish this week as things have slowed down here (even though I'm working as an essential) I might actually get a chance to finish them!

"Mary Kaye White". It's a sweet finish and you can actually see a lot of wood grain through it in the right light.

I love the matching body/headstock on yours!

My hunch was correct then. I was waffling between mary kaye and trans shell pink for my telecaster refin, but I'm leaning heavily towards meeting the two in the middle. The body is 1 piece swamp ash and I don't want to hide the grain (which the current finish mostly does).

I didn't get the matching headstock jazzmaster I wanted, so I was determined to get a strat with one. I'm very happy with it!

I don't have a pic with all my Strats, but here's my Tuxedo Twins. Both are MIM, but with upgraded pickups and pots.

I have a MIM strat and the tones have always been pretty awful, IMO. The pickups are too hot and don't get that Strat single coil sound. I bought it around 96 or 97. I think I was told they were Texas Specials but I've heard good things about those. I'm curious about what you replaced yours with. I want my neck p/u to sound like SRV when I play o_O! I say that jokingly, knowing what goes into his tone. My HSS Charvel has Dimarzio's that have an output of around 6.5, if I recall. I have to get my Strat sounds from that guitar. Right know only thing I use my MIM for is the 1 and half King's X songs I barely know. It gets close to it.

It also is muddy as heck when I roll the volume off. Before the Corona hit, I ordered a treble bleed and was going to get it installed. But I feel with the right pickups and pots I shouldn't have to. But then again, Andy Timmons swears by the ones I ordered from Stew Mac. (I'll edit and post a pic when I get up to my studio...errr... office)

My burst twins. Left is a late-80's reissue frankenstrat and was my main axe for 20+ years. It used to have an SD Hot Rail but I switched it for a JB Jr. It's pretty much retired now but I might put the Hot Rail back in and replace the neck or at least larger frets and bring it back into rotation.

Right is a G&L S-500 which is my go-to Strat now (I know it's technically not a Strat, but it is Leo ;-). I generally prefer HSS but the MFD pups are really clear and full and I like that it has Bass and Treble instead of Tone. I also love that it has a bit of cherry burst, which is more visible in person.

strats.JPG

Back
Top Bottom