Strat/Tele Supro preset for direct to PA application

fireheart7

Inspired
After months of tweaking, and much appreciated feedback from Phillip and Chris, and general things I have learned from reading everyone's postings (drumroll :) here's my final (as final as final can be owning an AX8) version.

Scene 1- clean with compression at 25ish%
Scene 2- low gain/mid gain (pickup and guitar vol knob)
Scene 3- Same as above but with ambient like reverb
Scene 4- Lead
Scene 8- Dotted 8th
CS1- Reverb hold function momentary switch
CS2- OD pedal level boost
External switch 1- Expression pedal as volume
External switch 2- I use a latching switch I had to toggle the amp's Boost

Phaser on-off always available- X tame Y present

Attachments

• Fireheart7 Supro (1).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 118
Nice job on this patch. I am playing a Music Man Cutlass and I especially like the clean tones. I am really struggling to find a distortion or over drive that fully pleases me with my "strat". Well done!

Nice job on this patch. I am playing a Music Man Cutlass and I especially like the clean tones. I am really struggling to find a distortion or over drive that fully pleases me with my "strat". Well done!
Glad you like it. I use that for P&W. Will start working on a high gain patch next. :)

OK. Gonna load this up tomorrow. Can't wait to try it w/ my Legacy and ASAT. Any chance you were able to record a clip? The anticipation of waiting is killing me. LOL.

Here it is... hams and all lol!

FYI, my strat is loaded with lukather EMGs which are higher output pickups. I use the vol knob when I need less gain and the CS2 switch to bring the level up to normal.

Hope this helps!

Blessings

Loaded it up. Out of the box it was a bit thin for my preferences. I didn't have much time to tweak it as much as I'd have liked to but I may be able to make it work with some tweaking.

Loaded it up. Out of the box it was a bit thin for my preferences.
Master Volume needs to go back to 10. It's not pushing the power amp. Scene levels could stand to be normalized, too.

Otherwise, it's a nice set of tones. It's clear on the top end, without the stridence that a Tele can give you on the bridge pickup.

Master Volume needs to go back to 10. It's not pushing the power amp. Scene levels could stand to be normalized, too.

Otherwise, it's a nice set of tones. It's clear on the top end, without the stridence that a Tele can give you on the bridge pickup.
Hey Rex, how can I normalize the scene volumes? Tried by ear with scene controls. Will put the master at 10 like you said. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Hey Rex, how can I normalize the scene volumes? Tried by ear with scene controls. Will put the master at 10 like you said. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!
I'd start by setting all the scene levels to zero. Then go to scene 1 and dial back Amp level until you read 0 on the VU meters during steady strumming. Then set the other scene levels by ear in relation to scene 1.

Note that, when you turn up Master Volume, your clean signal will get dirtier. You might want to dial down Input Drive to clean it up. Do this before you set scene levels.

I'd start by setting all the scene levels to zero. Then go to scene 1 and dial back Amp level until you read 0 on the VU meters during steady strumming. Then set the other scene levels by ear in relation to scene 1.

Note that, when you turn up Master Volume, your clean signal will get dirtier. You might want to dial down Input Drive to clean it up. Do this before you set scene levels.
awesome. .. sounds like a plan.!

Done and activated the Fat switch too. Tone is more full bodied now. Thanks again!

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom