Strat Prewired Pickgaurds

Actually, I have one like that already... built it myself! The 920D unit I was referring to is three mini-humbuckers like in a Les Paul Deluxe. I have a Tele with one in the neck position that is surprisingly versatile. I wondered what three of them might do. Here's one on Reverb.com:

https://reverb.com/item/684330-920d...cy=USD&pla=1&gclid=CPCjpP3kuMkCFYOEaQodWBkB0A

Wow-never seen that. Looks crowded :) Probably sounds pretty cool... Nice that it has all the pull pots for sc options, etc...also by 920D

Oh well got my pickguard loaded with Fenders N3’s.

I’ll still tweak a bit but basically came home from work installed the pickguard did a quick height adjustment of the pickups using the Bill Lawrence “nickel method” to get you at a good starting point (I used a real ruler instead of nickels, ha ha) and played. Bottom line they are what I was looking for.

Really not sure why I have read so many bad reviews about these pickups, the YouTube videos gave me an idea how they sound and now that I have them, well---- like I said it was what I was looking for.

I ended up getting the pickguard/pickups from a seller on eBay, they had what I wanted and also had good feedback the user name was “twilightsound”. And after I post this have to leave some positive feedback for him.

Thank you all for your input, like I said early on in the thread, I am always curious what the other guy is up to. At least guitar related.

John

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom