Strat + Plexi FW16 is mighty woody...

really nice ! sounds so good.
Didn't instal FW16 yet=> will be the end of the week task !

Sounds pretty good. I wish I was set up to record my amp; I have my modified Metro JTM45 build with KT66s and a pair of Scumback speakers a few feet away. You ain't heard a woody Plexi sound 'till you've heard one of these :) I'll have this amp till the day I die.

IMO...YMMV of course, etc.
boogie

I would like to see Cliff take on a whole slew of Vintage and modern replica Marshall "Plexi" amps and make a dozen models. Ultimately, the biggest issue with the 100w Plex in the axefx is that its just ONE example of that amp and, as we all know, the vintage ones varied quite a bit. Some where soft, some where hard, some break up better, some are more woody...etc.

A newly built version of the marshall circuit has its benifits, and I'm all for them because "vintage" marshalls where recorded when they where band new:)

Sounds pretty good. I wish I was set up to record my amp; I have my modified Metro JTM45 build with KT66s and a pair of Scumback speakers a few feet away. You ain't heard a woody Plexi sound 'till you've heard one of these :) I'll have this amp till the day I die.

IMO...YMMV of course, etc.
boogie

Except when all of the thuderous rock power causes your towering mountain of Marshalls to collapse, crushing you to death beneath their awesomeness. But, that rarely happens. ;)

Back
Top Bottom