Strat Players

My two main guitars are

1. PRS hollowbody ii with Piezo
2. James Tyler Tyler-tylerblaster (tele w/Nashville setup - 3 pickups 5-way switch)

If you already have a preset that works for your PRS you should be able to make it work for your strat with a little tweaking -- why? Both have 25-inch scales so it is easy to get the funk on with those guitars. I would clone your PRS patch and dial/adjust to new pickup and wood. Personally, I would start there since you already know your PRS patches.

I upgraded my 2007 Deluxe Strat by adding a Clapton Mod Kit...The one I got, came with the Pick guard, 3 Vintage Noiseless Pickups, and the Circuit Board. I installed it myself, including some routing I had to do with the guitar under the pick guard. Later, I had my luthier install the battery in the tremolo cavity. The kit I got, a few years back, had a potentiometer with center detent for the treble control and the second tone control is a 25db mid-boast.
Cool. I like the idea of putting the battery in the trem cavity - much easier access.

If I had to chose one guitar in my collection (includes LP, 335, SG, Tele, and Strat), my Strat would be the #1...with the mods I've done (treble boost and mid boost along with an excellent neck and tremolo), this is the number 1 guitar,,,,it is the most versatile guitar I could ever imagine. Leo created a platform that allows you to make it whatever you want!

If I had to chose one guitar in my collection (includes LP, 335, SG, Tele, and Strat), my Strat would be the #1...with the mods I've done (treble boost and mid boost along with an excellent neck and tremolo), this is the number 1 guitar,,,,it is the most versatile guitar I could ever imagine. Leo created a platform that allows you to make it whatever you want!
Same for me. If I could only keep one of my guitars, it'd be the Strat.

I recently just got into the Strat game but I bought a Sterling CT50 SSS. I’m not a big fan of the 3 knobs and where they are placed. Love the CT50 so far and it sounds great with the AC-20 amp model! I have a few presets I’ve made and I’ll try to upload them tonight or tomorrow morning.

I mainly play in position 2 on the Strat. Not sure if that is common with Strat playing or not.

I mainly play in position 2 on the Strat. Not sure if that is common with Strat playing or not.
I spend a lot of time on position 2 or 4 for rhythm playing, but usually switch to the bridge or neck for lead.

It just occurred to me... I've been doing that for so long, it's automatic. I should make myself do the opposite for a while. I'm probably missing out on some good tones!

Last edited:
Just picked up a Strat. A 2005 Deluxe with the SCN singles. I put a Duncan little 59 in the bridge. Have been working on presets for this guitar the last 2 days. I’m pretty happy with it right now. Using the Band Commander for clean and edge of breakup, 2 different scenes and drives on each I can kick in. Then I used the 1987x for a crunch thing with the Little 59. That one works good with all the pickups. Used the Cornford for the drive channel and that’s just for the bridge. The Little 59 is a bright low wind humbucker. I get a lot of quack in position 4. Maybe it’s out of phase. I don’t think it is but did not expect the quack there. Strats are weird to me too. There’s some tones you just can’t get without the singles and that’s why I bought it. HSS best of both worlds. I’m having a lot of fun with it.

well here is my clean
Belfast - incredible tone! Man I have been looking for these tones from the Axe for a cpl weeks since I got it. I have a bunch of Strats, and this preset makes them pop! Thanks so much! Only issue - and I would love to hear back from you on this, is the CPU hit this preset takes. I was over 91% on scene 3. Is this normal? Let me know if you see this? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom