Strat Players - What's Your 3 Favorite AMP + DRIVE pedal combos ?

1poorplayer

Power User
Title says it all. I'm strat'n it for the first time , and people's love of certain drive pedals is starting to make sense.
Humbucker guys ( like myself anyways ) tend to get all the dirt we need by using the right amp.

Looking for some guidance. Any advice is appreciated. One thing I have learned about strats , here on the forum , is that every time I write STRAT , my phone or computer changes the word to START.

For drives, it's always Timmy.
3-5 on Gain and 7+ tone with an amp thats just starting to break up. Great responsiveness to the single coils.

Put a FET Boost in between the Amp and Cab today. Six String Singer style. Very cool and different drive tone.

I love my Strat with Class A amps. Morgan, Vox and Matchless.

This is what kept me up way too late last night playing a PRS DC3.

FAS Boost (Drive=3 and Tone=7)
USA Clean (Input Drive=4, Bass=4, Mid=5, Treb=5.5, Master=4)
CAB F159 4x12 Vintmars+Bw Room Mix (TAF)

Be sure to set your Instrument Input to 100% for the weaker single coils in a strat.

I also like to set up a Small Spring Reverb in parallel right before the amp block. Mix to 100% and add Input Gain to taste (10-35)

Saw a post from philipacamaniac the other day using the DC30. Been running that patch and a BB Pre with the stock boutique cab. My two favorites are the AC15 and Ruckus with a Justin York collection cab and the Atomic High and Ruckus with a Justin York cab. Can't seem to get away from those to patches with my strat. Just like the Ruckus lately. My Strat is Dimarzio loaded with the treble bleed circuit, love it.

Last edited:
Fuzz face and Hipower Jumped (both tweaked), this is how I recorded this sample for a friend a couple days ago

I can post the preset if someone is interested ;)

That is tasty, both in terms of tone and playing. Post the preset :D

In my experience so far , I tend to have the MIX for the drive pedal turned down as low as 10℅ , while leaving the gain between 3-5.

Does this sound familiar to anyone , or are you guys running these pedals at 100℅ ?

Back
Top Bottom