Strap locks

I saw Dean Parks using these and I've used them ever since.

The rubber washer from Grolsch beer bottle tops. Those orange rubber washers are the perfect size to fit over the strap button. Strap stays put even with heavy shenanigins.

They are a PITA to get off of the beer bottle top though. I use a pliers.

Used these for years myself... I bought a bag of them off of Amazon a few years back and have enough for a lifetime. I tend to have a dedicated strap for each of my main guitars so they are rarely removed (left on going in and out of gig bags/cases, etc.). I like the look of the LOXX product though.. have to look into those.

I used Schallers for a while but friction kept loosening the screws. I have switched to Dunlop and I like them better.

Has anyone ever used these things ? They look like they would work - and similar to the beer bottle things...

http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Savers-Premium-Strap-Locks/dp/B00U49CFUA

looks like once installed you can't remove the strap without unscrewing the strap button again. do they slip over the button? I recently came across these: Straptight Guitar Straplocks but personally prefer Dunlop dual design as they work well without the lock's on the strap too. Also used Schaller's for years with my Strats without any problems

Loxx. Best design out there for me, strap sits flush with the guitar like it normally would. Super easy, super strong. I put these on all my guitars.

Cheers
Ant

Huge fan of Loxx. Have a guitar that shipped and introduced me to them but then recently realized these are what they used in the convertable top covers when you would take the top down. Since then have converted a couple guitars but it sold me and recently ordered enough for the rest of the collection.

Loxx. Best design out there for me, strap sits flush with the guitar like it normally would. Super easy, super strong. I put these on all my guitars.

Cheers
Ant

Ok, so I discovered these a couple of years ago, unfortunately, after 6 months the top strap button wore enough that it would no longer stay attached. Fortunately, I kept my Schallers, but I acquired my dads guitars in that time, so I didn't have enough, so I currently have Schallers on top, and LOXX on the bottom, but I'll eventually be going back to Schallers all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I useto use Dunlops, but they have become to difficult on my hands(due to health problems). I bought a guitar about a year ago that had Schallers on them, and have really taken to them. So I moved everything over to Schallers.

Back
Top Bottom