• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Strap locks

BrainalLeakage

Experienced
No more dirty fingers from the dust that schallers cause.

I'm guessing your talking about the metal shavings?

With all strap locks, I use a dab of slick 50. It keeps them quiet, and I don't get any metal shaving dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayCM800XL

Experienced
I use and recommend Dunlop strap locks. But I recently got a guitar in which the strap button is "in the back of the top horn" and I'm currently looking for a "less protruding" alternative. Is it in bad taste to use grolsch rubbers on a Strandberg? LOL

steadystate

Fractal Fanatic
Loxx looks interesting, but it seems you can't use them with a plain strap (without the mating Loxx part installed). Dunlop and Schaller protrude, but you can use any strap in an emergency, as they double as a standard strap button. The Dunlop is pretty robust as a standard button. The Schaller i might not trust as much.

That is why I use Dunlop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom