Strap locks

Jimmytwotimes

Experienced
What are you favorite strap locks ? Not real happy with my current ones ( Hennessey) - looking for something easy and full proof ! Thanks ! :)

I saw Dean Parks using these and I've used them ever since.

The rubber washer from Grolsch beer bottle tops. Those orange rubber washers are the perfect size to fit over the strap button. Strap stays put even with heavy shenanigins.

They are a PITA to get off of the beer bottle top though. I use a pliers.

If you discover and try Schallers, be aware that the "horseshoe" on the strap side can rotate 180 degrees, leaving the guitar in a vulnerable position. I definitely damaged a guitar once thanks to Schaller strap locks. I still use them, I just check the position every single time.

Schallers forever. Just tighten them down. Dimarizos for a while but hate the clanking on my guitars when the strap is off.

Reactions: mwd
Schallers is the best. I've seen others where you insert with a push button which to me seems insecure. Schallers scoopes over the button from the bottom up and along with strong metal by the Germans, its solid. I have some Schallers on my 87 Strat been there since 87 and still taking a beating.

Thanks everyone ! - I have tried Schaller in the past and found the horseshoe design a bit scary anytime there was any slack in my strap - I once kneeled down and rested the guitar on my knee and not realizing it - the lock came out because there was some slack - luckily I saved my LP from certain injury. The Dimarzio seems interesting, although it looks like you're basically buying a whole strap as well. I think the Dunlop and Ernie ball so far appeal to me the most due to the 360 design.

I like the Dunlops myself. I have some Schallers installed on a few, but they tend to be clanky sometimes.

All I have to say is to stay away from the Marvel style strap locks because the little ball bearings can wear out pretty quickly and then it's just junk.

Back
Top Bottom