Stranger Things

I don't have NetFlix, so I only just recently heard about it. My daughter stayed over a friends house and they have Netflix. When I picked her up, she said...'dad, you should watch this show called Stranger Things, I think you'll like it. I only watched the first five episodes, but It reminded me of E.T. and I know you like X-Files, so I think you'll like it'.

So when I got home I took her advice and looked for it on Kodi. I watched the first five episodes the first night and the next three the next night. What a great show. It's well written, well acted, Winona Ryder was great and those kids, especially 011, wow! The filming, the humour, the plot, the music (including the Terminator 1-like theme music), the writing, it has it all. What blew me away was the continuity from episode to episode considering most of the episodes had different writers.

It's E.T., Close Encounters, Jaws, Goonies (as biskitboy mentioned), X-Files, Big Bang Theory (the nerdy kids playing D&D) all rolled into one great series. I wish I would have paced myself and watched an episode every few weeks, going to be a long wait 'til season 2 in July!

If you haven't watched it, I would highly recommend it.

Don't forget Silent Hill or Elfen Lied (These were the inspirations for the alternate universe, and 11s character, according to an interview).

It was a sick show. I hope they can maintain the quality for season 2. :)

I hope they can maintain the quality for season 2. :)

I hope so too. If they can pull off another season like the first one, not sure how far they can take it after that. Great writers though, so you never know. According to the IMDB, they've filmed another 9 episodes so far.

I thought it was a limited series. Like one season and done. I think it's perfect the way it is. I hope they don't capitalize on it's success by trying to drag this story out. Or maybe it's a completely new story with completely new characters based on supernatural stuff!

I thought it was a limited series. Like one season and done. I think it's perfect the way it is. I hope they don't capitalize on it's success by trying to drag this story out. Or maybe it's a completely new story with completely new characters based on supernatural stuff!
they are almost surely doomed to fail in the second season if they try to extend the current plot line ..but I will be watching.

Simply could not get past episodes 2 or 3 can't remember. I was waiting for it to get good...................................

Priceless!

I remember watching Sesame Street as a child, last century. I was fortunate enough to watch it again with my daughter, at the start of this century (man, wording it like that makes me sound old). She would plop herself down in her Momo (Elmo) chair , right in front of the T.V. and she wouldn't budge 'til it was over! I would have to sit to the side so I could see the T.V. lol :)

I do miss all the original voices though.

Last edited:
Toopy14 Thanks for posting this! I loved season 2 even more than the original and totally dug this parody.

Couldn't agree more. We tried to pace ourselves watching season 2, knowing that season 3 may not be released until 2019, but we just couldn't do it. It was so good it was impossible to stop watching it. It was even better than season 1, which was incredible too.

Hopefully there will be a Sharing Things sequel! :)

Back
Top Bottom