Not a Bug Strange USB behavior & Not Connecting to FM3-Edit

guitarno

Experienced
I've had my FM3 for a few weeks and I'm still in the "Learning the new device" phase. Things have been going well except that yesterday I noticed some strange behavior, I have the FM3 on my desktop and have it plugged into my iMac via USB all the time. The other night I stopped using it and turned off the power switch and all the Input 1 LED's and the "Edited", "MIDI IN", and "Tempo" LED's remained lit up after turning off the power. I thought that was a little odd. Now, even though It's still connected via USB, I can't connect to it with Fractal-Bot or FM3-Edit. Not sure what's going on.

IMG_2879.JPG

Anyone else have this happen?

Forgot to mention. I'm on Firmware ver. 1.04 Beta 6 currently.

Last edited:
Are you saying that you're concerned about the lights being on when it's powered off (not normal) or that you can't connect to it with the editor when it's turned off (expected behavior) or something else?

I would suggest you contact support.

I can't connect to the editor or Fractal-Bot when it the FM3 is turned on under any circumstances. The presets on the unit work and I get sound as expected. I'm still getting the USB signal output to a DAW. It just will no longer connect to FM3-Edit or Fractal-Bot since the weird behavior of the LED's started. Doesn't seem to matter which cable I use or which USB port I use (Direct USB ports, not on a Hub). Everything was working fine before the LED's issue started.

I did start a ticket with Fractal support for this. I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Nothing in my setup changed, one day all is good, the next day, the LED's & USB connectivity thing appeared with the exact same setup & connections.

I did get a response back from service on this issue and they said this would be addressed in the next firmware update.

I tried many times to connect (unsuccessfully), and then after letting it sit for an hour or two, I fired it up one more time and it connected so I down graded to 1.03 firmware. In my case though, that didn't really fix it either. The problem happened again while on firmware 1.03. After several conversations with Fractal support, they had me ship it back to them so they could test it in person.

Mine has been having issues too, just randomly disconnecting. When I reboot the FM3 it seems to reconnect for a bit. Tried different cables, reinstalled FM3 edit etc....it's very random and just started happening on Beta 7.

Mine has been having issues too, just randomly disconnecting. When I reboot the FM3 it seems to reconnect for a bit. Tried different cables, reinstalled FM3 edit etc....it's very random and just started happening on Beta 7.

I’m still on the stable release. I wonder if updating to the beta will fix it?

What OS are you running?

I’m still on the stable release. I wonder if updating to the beta will fix it?
If you're not experiencing the issues addressed in the release notes, I wouldn't update just yet.

I've had my FM3 for a few weeks and I'm still in the "Learning the new device" phase. Things have been going well except that yesterday I noticed some strange behavior, I have the FM3 on my desktop and have it plugged into my iMac via USB all the time. The other night I stopped using it and turned off the power switch and all the Input 1 LED's and the "Edited", "MIDI IN", and "Tempo" LED's remained lit up after turning off the power. I thought that was a little odd. Now, even though It's still connected via USB, I can't connect to it with Fractal-Bot or FM3-Edit. Not sure what's going on.

View attachment 67473

Anyone else have this happen?

Forgot to mention. I'm on Firmware ver. 1.04 Beta 6 currently.

Disconnect the power cable.

Disconnect the power cable.

Actually, the LED's remain lit up even with the power cable removed. I've been working with Fractal support on this issue and they determined there was something wrong with the unit and are replacing it. The new one is on it's way now. Big thanks to the Fractal support team for taking care of this!

Ahh...I just posted about this same issue. Sorry for posting the same thing as another bug. I submitted a ticket. New FW installed and the unit still seems to have a powering issue.

Yeah, with my FM3, they determined it wasn't a firmware issue. They had me ship it back and they replaced it. All good now.

Around a week including shipping both ways. Disappointing that I had to ship it back but they turned it around pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom