Strange! The more (bypassed) Effects the less gain and real-amp-feeling?

nicolasrivera, perhaps you can find a way to test your hypothesis without actually playing when you compare the two situations. That way you will be able to determine, definitively, if the Axe is OK.

Well i dod that!! i have a DI guitar tone recorded to my phone, i just plug my phone into the axe fx and hit play, then just listen closely with my trusty headphones!.

Well i dod that!! i have a DI guitar tone recorded to my phone, i just plug my phone into the axe fx and hit play, then just listen closely with my trusty headphones!.
Good. And while doing this, have you recorded the headphone output itself, from the Axe to see if you can see this difference, or did you use a different Axe output to record it previously?

OMG :))) what a modern tech! iPhone-->>AXE fX II -->> headphones -->> mic -->> Headphones :)))
Try to record input from soundcard from analog nd record back through SPDIF.
note: i did it already...

Last edited:
Didn't Cliff recently state that the nature of the input mode changes the gain inside the patch? IE: Sum L+R has more gain than Left only? Could this account for the users observations?

Back
Top Bottom