Strange stand-in switch issue with FC-6

After previously working without issue since stand-in switches were implemented, and making no hardware or software changes, the stand-in switches have begun acting strangely with my AfxIII/Fc-6. Before describing the problem, as quick background, I have four momentary switches which are mapped to switches 9, 10, 11, and 12 of the Master layout. The tap / hold functions of these switches are: 9 = Tap Tempo / Tuner, 10 = Scenes / Presets in bank, 11 = Looper / Per-Preset, and 12 = Effects 1 / Effects 2.

The issue is that after tapping or holding any of the stand in switches, if I then return to either the Scenes or Presets in Banks layout VIA the stand-in switch, the Fc-6 switches function as if I have activated the Master layout; however, the LEDs and LCDs will display the appropriate information for the layout that SHOULD be active. Its a little confusing, and took me a while to sort out what was happening, so an example might help.
  1. I tap the stand-in switch mapped to Master 11, which brings up the Looper layout; the FC-6 switches all function as they should to operate the looper, and all seems well.

2. I then tap the stand-in switch mapped to Master 10, which should bring me to the scenes layout. And the fc-6 LOOKS like that is what has happened; The LCDs display the scene names and the LEDs are all colored as they should be.

3. However, when I then tap one of the FC-6 switches, which SHOULD switch the AfxIII to the corresponding scene, the AfxIII instead stays on the current scene, and the FC-6 switches to whatever layout resides at that switch location in the Master layout.
Very odd, and concerning. This first caught my attention at rehearsal, and threw me for a bit of a loop. Thankfully I didn't discover it during a gig. As a workaround, I have moved those functions to unused switches on Layout 7 (Perform 1), and remapped the stand-in switches accordingly. So far, that seems to be working without issue, but the prior setup worked without issue too until a few days ago. So, without having any idea why this issue sprung up in the first place, I'm worried that it could occur with the my revised setup.

I've tried reloading the latest FC-6/12 firmware, as well as reverting to the prior firmware, neither of which helped. I also 'Reset System Parameters', and then reloaded the FC6 layouts, and that did not help either.

Has anyone else encountered this, or have any idea what is going on here?

Back
Top Bottom