Strange LED behavior

TheVede

Hello all,

I've had my Axe-FX Ultra for nearly a week now. I played in the dark for the first time tonight and noticed some (seemingly) odd LED behavior. Wanted to check in with the board and see if it's normal.

I'm running a mono guitar signal into the front of the Axe. Axe is connected to an ART SLA-2, which is going out to a stereo 2x12.

1. As I turn the Value dial from patch to patch, the Input 1 & 2 LEDs blink faintly
2. Sometimes when I'm not playing and the volume on my guitar is off (or my guitar is completely unplugged), the input LEDs will blink momentarily -- sometimes Input 1, sometimes Input 2. Sometimes it jumps back and forth. Seems to happen on all patches with all guitars at random intervals.
3. Various other seemingly irregular LED flashes that are only really noticeable in the dark
4. The Axe is otherwise performing flawlessly and I'm really happy with the unit

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

TheVede said:
Hello all,

I've had my Axe-FX Ultra for nearly a week now. I played in the dark for the first time tonight and noticed some (seemingly) odd LED behavior. Wanted to check in with the board and see if it's normal.

I'm running a mono guitar signal into the front of the Axe. Axe is connected to an ART SLA-2, which is going out to a stereo 2x12.

1. As I turn the Value dial from patch to patch, the Input 1 & 2 LEDs blink faintly
2. Sometimes when I'm not playing and the volume on my guitar is off (or my guitar is completely unplugged), the input LEDs will blink momentarily -- sometimes Input 1, sometimes Input 2. Sometimes it jumps back and forth. Seems to happen on all patches with all guitars at random intervals.
3. Various other seemingly irregular LED flashes that are only really noticeable in the dark
4. The Axe is otherwise performing flawlessly and I'm really happy with the unit

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

that is not unusual.

Thanks for the help, guys. Glad to know it's not a big deal.

That said, it strikes me as an odd "feature" for an expensive and otherwise fantastic pro-audio device like the Axe to suffer from. It's akin to buying a new BMW only to learn that in your model, the stereo and air-conditioning lights in the dashboard all flicker intermittently due to an engineering quirk. Again, not a big deal, just not something I'd expect.

-G

javajunkie said:
grattacorde said:
Hi,
I have the same issue: I hope this don't affect sound quality of my axe in future.

Ale Udin!!! :D

It has nothing to do with the sound quality.

It does if you have good enough hearing to hear the LEDs blinking.
I tried listening to the blinking LEDs, but I must not have the "golden ears" like a few of us here ...

Back
Top Bottom