Strange issue

Mike Snider

Experienced
I've been using Fractal products for 8 or 9 years, haven't had a single issue at a gig related to my equipment in all those years other than user error.
However, I've experienced a strange issue at my last two practices that I wanted to bounce off folks here to see if anyone else has had the same experience.
For whatever reason, during the last two practices I have stepped on my guitar cable pulling it loose from my guitars jack (again- user error), when I plugged back in (muted, plugged in, un-muted) the axe 8 responded by cutting out low frequencies-boosting the highs and had some weird phasing anomalies going on.
All symptoms were corrected by rebooting.
Not a big deal, happened during practice....need to figure out why I'm stepping on the cable so I doesn't happen live, but wanted to see if others have had similar experiences.

I've gigged with that cable 6 times in the last week on other equipment, totaling 20+ hours with no issue.
The Axe 8 remains corrupt until reboot.
I dont think it's a bad cable.

Not a big deal, happened during practice....need to figure out why I'm stepping on the cable so I doesn't happen live, but wanted to see if others have had similar experiences.

First question is if this was happened on a preset that you built? If so, do you have any modifiers to a block to change the sound at all or an expression pedal controlling volume/other parameters?

Secondly, easy fix is a wireless pack on your belt clip ;) . Hard to step on the cable when it's attached to your body ;)

First question is if this was happened on a preset that you built? If so, do you have any modifiers to a block to change the sound at all or an expression pedal controlling volume/other parameters?

Secondly, easy fix is a wireless pack on your belt clip ;) . Hard to step on the cable when it's attached to your body ;)

Yes, I built the preset about 7 years ago- updated thru the years with firmware changes and hardware upgrades (standard>Ultra>AXII). I ported to AX8 a year or so ago. It has a PEQ block which could be affected, but I did not dig into the block when the issue occurred. Simply rebooted. In that particular preset I have an expression controlling a multi delay block.

I had a wireless unit a while back, but thinned out my gear and went back to cables.
I know the root issue is- don't step on your cable-lol- however, there is something unusual happening in those rare moments. it was directly related to the action of the cable coming out of the guitar jack while the preset was active....very well may be over driving the input.
Perhaps I should test at a low level simply by purposefully removing the jack.

Have you tried changing to a different preset and back to the original as opposed to rebooting?

Have you tried changing to a different preset and back to the original as opposed to rebooting?

Honestly no....that may be a quicker and smoother work around in the event it happens again. If it does occur again, ill take a few minutes to investigate instead of just getting back to work.

Back
Top Bottom