Strange FM3 Behavior. Seeking Advice Please.

Scented Meat

Power User
I'm running latest beta FW and latest FM3-Edit. MacOS 10.15.4 (Catalina).

I created a preset with a Friedman in Amp channel A and a JM45 in channel B. There's also a pitch block with a custom shifter in one channel and a dual harmony in another. Obviously the goal was to use the different channels in different scenes. After creating the settings I wanted in the pitch block and saving them I returned to the amp block to discover that all 4 channels contained the JM45; returning to the pitch block all 4 channels contained the custom shifter. I then recreated the settings, saved and exported the preset to my desktop. I experienced the same problem again, so I imported my exported preset, hoping that it would contain the settings I wanted, only to discover that, once again, all the channels had become uniform in both the amp and pitch blocks.

I'll try other presets to see if something similar happens. It's perhaps worth noting that my preset is nowhere near the CPU limit.

Thanks,

Karsten

I'm running latest beta FW and latest FM3-Edit. MacOS 10.15.4 (Catalina).

I created a preset with a Friedman in Amp channel A and a JM45 in channel B. There's also a pitch block with a custom shifter in one channel and a dual harmony in another. Obviously the goal was to use the different channels in different scenes. After creating the settings I wanted in the pitch block and saving them I returned to the amp block to discover that all 4 channels contained the JM45; returning to the pitch block all 4 channels contained the custom shifter. I then recreated the settings, saved and exported the preset to my desktop. I experienced the same problem again, so I imported my exported preset, hoping that it would contain the settings I wanted, only to discover that, once again, all the channels had become uniform in both the amp and pitch blocks.

I'll try other presets to see if something similar happens. It's perhaps worth noting that my preset is nowhere near the CPU limit.

Thanks,

Karsten

This is the channel copy bug in this firmware. Should be fixed in next beta release, or you can roll back to beta 7

People should prepend their beta issue posts with [BETA] or something. I’m seeing a lot of posts on other forums saying something to the effect of ”I’m not going to worry about getting an FM3, a lot of people seem to be having issues on the FAS forum” (paraphrasing here). If the issues with beta were more clear, it might mitigate that. People just reading the “news headlines“ only, sort of thing. :)

Just a friendly suggestion! :)

People should prepend their beta issue posts with [BETA] or something. I’m seeing a lot of posts on other forums saying something to the effect of ”I’m not going to worry about getting an FM3, a lot of people seem to be having issues on the FAS forum” (paraphrasing here). If the issues with beta were more clear, it might mitigate that. People just reading the “news headlines“ only, sort of thing. :)

Just a friendly suggestion! :)
definitely good advice

Back
Top Bottom