Strange FC-12 behavior

GtarLover

Experienced
So, I’ve been using my FC-12 for quite a while. When I would go to my Master Layout and then choose Presets, I’d get a list of my presets. Then, when I’d push a preset, the FC-12 would switch to my Perform Layout on the preset I selected.
HOWEVER, today it didn’t. Today I pushed the preset I want, the Axe III changes, but the FC-12 stays on the Presets layout.

I opened the Axe III and checked the ribbon cable, no problems there. I then did an FC-12 “reset“ from the Axe III, put my things back in order, yet the previous way of hitting the Preset and the FC-12 switching to my Perform Layout is NO longer working.

I can add a step, added a Perform button to my presets Layout, just push the extra button…yet I’d like to get the “OLD” way back as it skips a step.

Any thoughts?? Am I missing something?

Edit: FC-12 is running latest firmware 12, Axe III is running latest firmware 16.05

So, I’ve been using my FC-12 for quite a while. When I would go to my Master Layout and then choose Presets, I’d get a list of my presets. Then, when I’d push a preset, the FC-12 would switch to my Perform Layout on the preset I selected.
HOWEVER, today it didn’t. Today I pushed the preset I want, the Axe III changes, but the FC-12 stays on the Presets layout.

I opened the Axe III and checked the ribbon cable, no problems there. I then did an FC-12 “reset“ from the Axe III, put my things back in order, yet the previous way of hitting the Preset and the FC-12 switching to my Perform Layout is NO longer working.

I can add a step, added a Perform button to my presets Layout, just push the extra button…yet I’d like to get the “OLD” way back as it skips a step.

Any thoughts?? Am I missing something?

Edit: FC-12 is running latest firmware 12, Axe III is running latest firmware 16.05
You've managed to delete a Layout Link from one or more of your footswitches. On any footswitch that you want to take you to your Perform page, make sure it has a Layout Link that's pointing to the Perform page.

Thanks for the reply Rex. Yeah, I thought I set that up when I originally did my settings.
I can't remember how to do what you are saying.

I went through the FS Controller settings on my Axe III setup and I can't find the "layout Link" you are referencing.
I apologize for the ineptitude here :rolleyes:

I went through the FS Controller settings on my Axe III setup and I can't find the "layout Link" you are referencing.
I apologize for the ineptitude here :rolleyes:
Setup > FC Controllers > Layouts. Select a layout, and then hit Enter. Select a footswitch within the layout, and hit Enter again. Layout Links are toward the bottom of that screen.

Spend a few minutes with the Layout Links section of the manual. It's worth the time. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom