Strange buzz in monitors connected directly to Axe-Fx II

Zelman

I've got some strange problem with axe fx II and my studio monitors. When studio monitors are connected directly to axe fx there is some strange buzz during playback from computer and during playing a guitar, like some low level distortion. I've tried both outputs, different connections (TRS balanced jacks and XLR with on and off ground lift). When I'm playing same file though my Steinberg USB interface everything is fine, problem occurs only when they are connected directly to axe fx. Also tried connecting headphones to output 1 and with headphones there is no buzz. Tried different power strips, connecting everything to one power strip - no luck. I think there is some strange interference between axe fx outputs and my studio monitors but i couldn't find the cause. I've recorded video - at beginning file is played through axe fx usb and buzz is noticable, in second part I'm connecting monitor to my Steinberg interface and there is no buzz. Anybody had similar issue?

To be honest I could not hear the buzz you were referring to...but at the moment I only have my phone speakers

I sometimes get a nasty digital distortion when my AXE is connected via USB to my computer. Otherwise I connect it to different powered monitors with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom