Strange behaviour from footswitches! Help needed (Solved By FW Reinstallation)

soheil

Power User
Hi guys.
Just updated to 3.04. Everything went on smoothly. I just noticed something strange, by pressing footswitches for making a block ON or OFF, the footswitches work in reverse, I mean that when the green light of a switch is on, it should turn on the block, but the block goes off, and when I press it again and the green light on the footswitch goes off, the block turns on! :D does anybody encountered something like this? I did the global reset but it didn't help. any idea about this? Thank you :)

EDIT: just wanted to add that after re-installation of FW 3.04 the problem is still persists. another strange thing to me is that now I can have more than one block showing in "reverse" even if it's not selected. I don't know what I am missing here but couldn't solve the problem myself. any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT 2: After updating FW for the 3rd time and removing the patches it's all good now :D Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Just checking first: Did you see the updated footswitch behaviour in the Ax8 FW3.00 release notes? Have you upgraded directly from FW2.xx?

I did not experiment with any IA switching (only scenes) on the new firmware yet, so I have not seen your issue.

Hi guys.
Just updated to 3.04. Everything went on smoothly. I just noticed something strange, by pressing footswitches for making a block ON or OFF, the footswitches work in reverse, I mean that when the green light of a switch is on, it should turn on the block, but the block goes off, and when I press it again and the green light on the footswitch goes off, the block turns on! :D does anybody encountered something like this? I did the global reset but it didn't help. any idea about this? Thank you :)

EDIT: just wanted to add that after re-installation of FW 3.04 the problem is still persists. another strange thing to me is that now I can have more than one block showing in "reverse" even if it's not selected. I don't know what I am missing here but couldn't solve the problem myself. any help would be greatly appreciated.
please upload a preset that exhibits this behavior. this has not happened to my ax8.

Just checking first: Did you see the updated footswitch behaviour in the Ax8 FW3.00 release notes? Have you upgraded directly from FW2.xx?
are you thinking FX8?

Ax8 has the same update (EDIT: Actually, I would not know, since I know only little about the FX8, but I remember it had the footswitch update (active blocks black, selected block raised) before the Ax8 got it with FW3.00)

Ax8 has the same update (EDIT: Actually, I would not know, since I know only little about the FX8, but I remember it had the footswitch update (active blocks black, selected block raised) before the Ax8 got it with FW3.00)
ahh, yes the Engage/Bypass and Selected indicators are different on the FS screen. the OP was discussing the LED lights on the switches though, so i thought you were referring to the FX8 getting the FS page in 3.xx.

i just streamed for an hour on 3.04 testing a few issues that people have brought up recently, and i had zero bugs or issues. the switch lights are as expected, not reversed as well.

@soheil how are you determining that the effects are in reverse? hearing the effect turning on and off? or comparing the status of the switch lights to the display screen?

Last edited:
@Smittefar and @chris@axefxtutorials Thank for your reply guys. I was migrarting from 3.02 so I was already knew about that part. My problem was with the Buttons itself. I mean when I turned them on (Green light on) the effects would go off! Strangely enough, yesterday I did a global reset, and then another fresh firmware update and it didn't help me and the problem persisted. Today I tried again fresh. Cleaned all my presets, re-downloaded the firmware and ax8 edit and re-installed the FW, after yet another installation. it's all good in ax8 land! :D thank you all for your help. Looks like it was a bad installation (or double installation?! since I did the fw update two times yesterday).

So weird. I am using Axe FX II since firmware 8.00 and Ax8 as well. This was the first time that I had such a confusing time with them. Doesn't matter though, It's all good and well. FAS rules :D Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom