Strange Behavior with Tone Match Captures Saved to the Library

ToneLabRat

Experienced
Have you guys noticed this? I have a number of captures saved and when I select different ones sometimes the same curve will start coming up for several different saved captures I pick. I swear sometimes I make a new one and it adopts a previous saved curve. And then sometimes I make a new one and save the preset and then when I pull the preset up again it has the previous curve that was saved not the most recent one. Maybe I'm going nuts but I've noticed this for years. Usually when I think I spot a bug it was user error but not sure how I could be screwing this up. Any thoughts?

Post some example captures and detailed instructions on how to recreate the problem and we'll take a look.

Fractal: See short video I did highlighting what I think the issue is. After 1:36 of the video just more of me confirming the issue - nothing new. Thanks for looking into this.

To summarize: I have saved curves in the TM block. When I make a new curve - all the old saved curves become the new curve with the only distinction if the setting on smoothing or amount are different.

Have you guys noticed this? I have a number of captures saved and when I select different ones sometimes the same curve will start coming up for several different saved captures I pick. I swear sometimes I make a new one and it adopts a previous saved curve. And then sometimes I make a new one and save the preset and then when I pull the preset up again it has the previous curve that was saved not the most recent one. Maybe I'm going nuts but I've noticed this for years. Usually when I think I spot a bug it was user error but not sure how I could be screwing this up. Any thoughts?
1) There’s no button to clear out a tone match….that is a pain.
2) I still cannot tone match an acoustic with a recording. On @chris ‘s youtube channel last week I talked about this with him and he ran into the same problem

TM attached. When I create a new TM, all the other saved TMs change to this new curve. They will retain amount and smoothing values they had, but the curve will be the same as the new one.

Attachments

• AF Anvil LP TM3_20220525_054226.blk
    162 bytes · Views: 0

TM attached. When I create a new TM, all the other saved TMs change to this new curve. They will retain amount and smoothing values they had, but the curve will be the same as the new one.
More: I now switch to another preset that has a saved TM. It brings up the correct curve in the TM block. But if I go to library and pick other saved blocks some of them will correctly switch to the new block curve, where others will display the existing curve, but retain original amount and smoothing parameters. It is not reliable and doesn't seem to work like all the other blocks do with saved information.

More: I now switch to another preset that has a saved TM. It brings up the correct curve in the TM block. But if I go to library and pick other saved blocks some of them will correctly switch to the new block curve, where others will display the existing curve, but retain original amount and smoothing parameters. It is not reliable and doesn't seem to work like all the other blocks do with saved information.
So this is an Axe-Edit issue?

Back
Top Bottom