Strange behavior in 6.02 [FIXED in 6.03]

Those that are having problems please indicate the following Global parameter values:
Default Modeling Version- latest
Force Default Version-on
Power Amp Modeling-on
Spillover- off

Also indicate the following I/O settings:
USB/DIGI Out Source -output 1
USB Buffer Size-1024
MIDI (DO YOU MEAN MFC? think so) Echo to MIDI Out- off

hope that helps, thanks as always for your attention to us. Please note my comment on "MIDI Echo to MIDI out..perhaps its should be MFC..? (BTW, my MFC is not connected to this rig.

Last edited:
Cliff, my configuration;

Default Modeling Version- Latest
Force Default Version - On
Power Amp Modeling - On
Spillover - Both

USB/DIGI Out Source - Out2
USB Buffer Size - 1024
MIDI Echo to MIDI Out - Off

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Before doing my 6.02 testing, I used the Utility menu to do a reset system params:

Default Modeling Version- Latest
Power Amp Modeling - On
Spillover - Off

USB/DIGI Out Source - Output 1
USB Buffer Size - 1024

Bear in mind that most of this activity has taken place over a long holiday weekend..My guess is that today or tomorrow, some of us may be hearing more from support. I'm amazed that we got the responses we did, and the fact that Cliff seems to be actively involved already , while not surprising, is always encouraging.
Agree! That's why I posted the date/time of the email response I received back from Fractal Support - 5:45 am on New Year's Day!! I've been on the Fractal train since my first Ultra eight or nine years ago and have upgraded to every new product since then. Experiencing that level of dedication to a product and customer support gives me infinite patience waiting for a fix to this relatively minor issue in the overall scheme of things.

I know Cliff would not do this, but I think it would be a great idea for Fractal to set up a "virtual tip jar" for customers to provide random donations any time they wanted. I looked up my very first guitar instructor from 35 years ago on the internet recently. He had a website where he was offering two "free" pdf guitar instruction books that were absolutely fantastic, but he also had a spot to accept donations for the book. In appreciation for his services, I donated 20 times what he would have realistically charged for the books. I have no doubt most Fractal customers here would do the same.

Agree! That's why I posted the date/time of the email response I received back from Fractal Support - 5:45 am on New Year's Day!! I've been on the Fractal train since my first Ultra eight or nine years ago and have upgraded to every new product since then. Experiencing that level of dedication to a product and customer support gives me infinite patience waiting for a fix to this relatively minor issue in the overall scheme of things.

I know Cliff would not do this, but I think it would be a great idea for Fractal to set up a "virtual tip jar" for customers to provide random donations any time they wanted. I looked up my very first guitar instructor from 35 years ago on the internet recently. He had a website where he was offering two "free" pdf guitar instruction books that were absolutely fantastic, but he also had a spot to accept donations for the book. In appreciation for his services, I donated 20 times what he would have realistically charged for the books. I have no doubt most Fractal customers here would do the same.

Appreciated but not necessary. Buy a Cab Pack or Reverb plug-in or something.

A bit late but I upgraded just now from 6.01 to 6.02 final and I have the same issues as reported. When I connect Axe Edit, I get message timeouts, blank screens and then the AFX locks up with the screen displaying the Quantum logo.

If it helps...

Model - Axe FX XL+
MFC - Mark III
Bought - October 2016

Default Modelling Version - LATEST
Force Default Version - OFF
Power Amp Modelling - ON
Spillover - DELAY

USB/DIGI Output Source - OUTPUT 1
USB Buffer Size - 1024
MIDI Echo to MIDI Out - OFF

Using a Mac with Sierra 10.12.1

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Those that are having problems please indicate the following Global parameter values:
Default Modeling Version
Force Default Version
Power Amp Modeling
Spillover

USB/DIGI Out Source
USB Buffer Size
MIDI Echo to MIDI Out

Default Modeling Version - Latest
Force Default Version - OFF
Power Amp Modeling - ON
Spillover - OFF

USB Buffer Size - 1024
MIDI Echo to MIDI Out - OFF

Hope this helps (I have an XL+ unit).
This is an opportunity for me to express that I am a new proud and satisfied Axe-FX owner.

Default Modeling Version - Latest
Power Amp Modeling - On
Spillover - Both

USB Buffer Size - 1024

* The only other changes I have made that differ from the default system params are scene revert = on, display offset = 1, and ext ctrl init val = 100% for ext1 and ext3. I haven't even dialed in my LFOs yet for some older presets since trying the reset system.

Last edited:
Dunno if this helps, but I have a Bluetooth Yamaha MDBT-01 hooked up on my MIDI IN and MIDI OUT port of my AFX.

Same here!!! I haven't connected my MFC back up yet, but I've been scrolling around and successfully using AE for the last 30 mins. Gotta walk away for a bit, but I'll be back later tonight to test more thoroughly.

Please message me the link to these books!

Still good here. I loaded up all my original custom presets, global & io settings, etc., changed patches going between MFC III, AxeEdit, and Value knob and still can't break it (of course I'm quite confident you knew that would be the result :) ).

Also, I don't know what you did to the amp modeling algorithms in this new beta, but everything just sounds so damn good and so much 'more realer' - best beta ever. Kind of like how my car runs so much better when I'm driving out of the car wash! (Sorry couldn't resist, I'm getting tired after my first day back to reality after a long holiday break).

Please message me the link to these books!

Here's the link: http://www.wimerguitar.com/FreeStuff.html. "The Whole Chord Thing" and "The Whole Scale Thing" are the two downloadable pdfs that he wrote that are two of the best structured training materials on the subjects that I have seen. You also need to check out his "Videos". Don't let his monster classical and jazz chops fool you. He was also the first to teach me Eruption back in '79 - I still have his manual transcription that I watched him transcribe by hand (during my 30 minute lesson) with pencil and paper using a turntable. If you end up leaving a donation, please comment that Brien Brown sent you.

Back
Top Bottom