Strange behavior exceeds CPU...but not really...

randombastage

Experienced
I took the factory EVH 1982 preset and copied it to an empty preset location, deleted the EQ block and added a Wah and moved the Pitch and Flanger to different spots: Wah (default Clyde with control assigned to external 1), Drive (default Esoteric ACB), Flanger (digital mono, unchanged from copied preset), Pitch (detune, unchanged from copied preset), Reverb (medium plate, unchanged from copied preset).

I saved and then tried to add a Delay and it says too much for CPU. It shows 82%

So I opened another empty preset location and added all the same blocks, including the delay, which it accepted, and it reads 76%
Seems to play fine.

I wonder if the copying and saving haven't truly freed some 'memory' from the previous configuration (deleted block etc.) as you would think it should. I did close the editor and opened it again and the same result occurred. At some point in the process, before trying to add the delay, I had gone into Set Up and switched my Post Output from Stereo to Sum L+R..in case that means anything...
Using a Mac and the editor, didn't try it from front of FX-8.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom