Strange AX8 FX-Loop Problem

Petrocelli

Inspired
Some white noise is audible when i am activating my FX Loop and also the AX8 housing is mikrophonic!!!
So if you hit the AX8 body and FX Loop is on, you hear it out of the output1 Jacks!
I demonstrate this in the video bellow - best to hear with headphones.

Signal chain is: Looper - FX Block bridged I/O2 with a TS cable (all levels default to 0dB) - Ampblock - Speakerblock - Out1 - Line6 SonicPort iOS Audiointerface connected to iPhone (so you only hear the signal direct out of the AX8 and no Microphone).

I know that a additional A/D D/A conversion brings maybe a little more noise, but that’s to much and the microphonic behavior is very strange!
I run v.10 RC2 but that can’t be the Problem. Anyone else has such symptoms?

I have the exact same problem ... I'm bummed there is no solution posted on this thread ... do we have bad units? A friend of mine uses the FX loop all the time with no noise.

Help us Mr Fractal Wizards!

The microphonic part of this makes me think this is a hardware / manufacturing issue. Perhaps a bad part, or something like that... bummer days ...

I think the microphonic behavior is comming from ceramic caps in the analog part of the AX8 circuit!
Ceramic Caps can have piezoelectric effects - this can result in audible mikrofonic artefacts. Maybe they changed the caps to higher grade foil caps in other units, but that’s all hypothetical!
I have to say i love my AX8, it’s the best tool i ever bought for my guitars, but this problem along with the noisefloor and the „fiieep“ tone (when most green LEDs are on) are not fitting to such a high grade unit as the AX8! I sent my unit some months ago to G66(the european support), they realized the problem but it’s not fixable! So i think i have to live with it and use noisegates and filters for fixing it a little.

Back
Top Bottom